Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Will Children Grow Out Of The Pain In Their Feet?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Will Children Grow Out Of The Pain In Their Feet?

Will Children Grow Out Of The Pain In Their Feet?

Will Children Grow Out Of The Pain In Their Feet

?

Many people are surprised that I see a large number of youngsters in my podiatry office. In fact, children have a fair amount of foot issues. Ingrown toenails and plantar warts are the most common reason that children find their way into the office. The treatment for these conditions is generally straightforward. I also see many kids who suffer from painful foot problems. Kids having foot pain? Absolutely! The truth is many more children suffer needlessly from foot pain but are told by other doctors that they'll grow out of it or assumed by their parents to be growing pains. The pain can become recurrent and eventually become constant. You'll find these kids not wanting to participate in sports or Physical Education in school. They'll turn to their Playstations and TV's and stay more sedentary. As they gain weight, which is a tremendous problem in children, they will suffer even more foot pain. No kid has to suffer this way. Put simply: Children will NOT grow out of foot pain. The same goes for pain in their ankles and knee pain. It shouldn't be there and you should bring your child to a podiatrist for evaluation if this is the case. I clearly recall a mother who brought her twelve year old preteen to the office on the recommendation of her astute family doctor who notices a potential problem with her foot and ankle mechanics. I questioned her daughter if she had any foot pain. She responded that she had no such pain. I then asked about ankle, knee, hip, or back pain. Her mother chimed in: Well that's just her normal knee pain. I looked at her and explained that there is no such thing as "normal" pain in a 12 year old. Most foot pain experienced by children is caused by mechanics. The foot does not function as efficiently as it should, causing increased pressure to occur on some areas of the foot. This is common in the arch, inside of the foot and ankle, and the heel. Treatment is a combination of anti-inflammatory medication to treat the acute problem and the use of a custom orthotic to correct the foot function that has prevented the problem from going away on its own in the first place. It is very rare to consider surgical intervention in a kid and is a last resort, so that concern should not be a reason to come to the clinic. You owe it to your kid to address the cause of his foot or ankle pain so he can return to being a child. No child should have foot pain. If she does, contact your local podiatrist to schedule an appointment.
Baby Nursery Themes or color Schemes - child Nursery Decorating Ideas Sophisticated child space Decorating Ideas Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 3 Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 4 Understanding child custody types Parents - Be Sure Not To Take Out Your Anger On Your Children Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 5 Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 6 Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 7 Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 8 Paying considering your Child's College Finances Advice On Selling Whatever It Is That You Are Selling From Someone Who Has Been Successfully Selling Since Childhood! Part 9 How you can Keep Your Kid Quite If You are On The Phonecan
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.227.161.132) Sankt-Peterburg / Saint Petersburg Processed in 0.012385 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 2578, 956,
Will Children Grow Out Of The Pain In Their Feet? Saint Petersburg