Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Third Generation Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Pocket Otoscope now includes Pocket Clip Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Third Generation Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Pocket Otoscope now includes Pocket Clip Review

Third Generation Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Pocket Otoscope now includes Pocket Clip Review

Product Description

Prepare to be amazed by how well this otoscope works. We also sell very nice Professional otoscopes on Amazon and none work as well as this fellow. Same magnification and focal length as the W/A so what you see is just as clear if not clearer due to the very bright led light. Best part about this otoscope is the fact the LED light contains no fragile filament like incandescent bulbs. We tried making this bulb go out and could not do it. This included dropping the otoscope from a second story window onto the ground. It lit right up brighter than ever. Bottom line: If you are looking for an otoscope for home use you will not find a better value anywhere. Includes 3 sizes of specula for Adult, Child and Infant. Very nice size and packs easily in a mom's purse or overnight bag for travel. Do not leave home without it. Please take our word, we have been selling otoscopes on Amazon for over 5 years......There is no better value anywhere when it comes to an otoscope. Disposable Specula work well with the Dr Mom Otoscope Why we love this otoscope: 1. Works well with Disposable Specula. 2. The LED light source contains no fragile filament and is impervious to shock or trauma. 3. No hunting all over for bulbs for an off brand otoscope you bought several years before from a fly by night seller. If you don't find a matching bulb your otoscope is useless from that point on. 4. No price gouging to buy a bulb from the large well known brand that will cost more than this entire otoscope. A bulb that will need replaced on a regular basis and even sooner if the otoscope is ever dropped or handled rough in any way. 5. Same magnification and focal length as the Welch Allyn so what you see is just as clear if not clearer due to the very bright led light. Very informative weblink with high resolution photos and detailed use instructions written by an ER Physician. IMPORTANT: Latest model Dr Mom contains a pocket clip. EXTRA Specula and zipperred case available from Dr Mom online store.

Product Details Brand: Dr Mom Otoscopes

Model: 02

Features Number One Home Use Otoscope in the USA!!-Third Generation Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Pocket Otoscope -Latest Model Available with Pocket Clip and Bright White True ViewTM Full Spectrum LED

Never worry about a burned out bulb again!

30 High resolution eardrum photos and detailed use instructions provided via a weblink

Minimize risk of eardrum rupture. Avoid painful earaches, and late night trips to the ER, through early observation of symptoms.

Amazingly Bright Light.....Includes 3 size specula, 2 AA batteries, and a pocket clip

You can buy Third Generation Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Pocket Otoscope now includes Pocket Clip in best price at Best Cheap Personal Care Store

Customer Reviews

Better than many expensive versions

This is a very good otoscope for the price. I am an audiology student and otoscopy is something we do on all patients. I liked the illumination of this otoscope better than most of the $100 otoscopes I've used. When looking in my mother's ear, the view was so crisp and in focus I could see the veins on her eardrum. One thing I don't like is how the speculum attaches to the head of the otoscope. It does not twist on like professional version, you have to push it into the hollow, this took me forever to figure out. You feel like you are breaking it and that the speculum won't fit, but keep pushing it in until it is fully secure.

For parents wanting to use this on their children, I recommend that you ask your pediatrician or medical professional to give you a training session. You can hurt your child and make them afraid of otoscopy...which will make diagnosing and treating their ear infections very difficult for the medical professional. The speculum of the otoscope should never touch/scrape the inner ear canal wall. The inner third of the ear canal (near the eardrum) is composed of bone and is covered with a thin layer of skin. This skin is easily abraded. The ear canal protects itself by having many nerves in this area to alert you to any actions occurring in this region. Scraping the inner ear canal can be very painful. If you are trying to look at the eardrum and you can't see around the a bend in the ear canal, do not use the speculum to press around the bend. This is painful. Instead pull on the pinna (what you call the ear). If it is an older child or an adult, pull the pinna up, if is a younger child pull the ear lobe down. This will straighten out the ear canal as much as it can be straightened to help you view the eardrum. Second, you need to stabilize the hand holding the otoscope. If the child jerks, you could hurt them with the speculum. With the hand that is holding the otoscope, look in the ear while the pinkie finger of that same hand is pressed against the skull. Use your other hand that is not holding the otoscope to pull on the pinna and straighten the ear canal. If for some reason the inner portion of the ear canal is abraded, seek medical attention. Ear canals are dark and moist, a great place for infection to develop.....so always go to the doctor if this happens. Another issue is how you advance the speculum into the ear canal. Don't jam it all the way in and then look. Place the speculum tip in the entrance of the canal, look through the viewer, and then slowly advance the speculum into the ear canal while you are looking through the otoscope until you see the ear drum. Then slowly advance more until the eardrum is in focus as much as you think it can be in focus. The eardrum is extremely thin, we do not want to damage it. When looking at the eardrum, remember that it has blood vessels, and if the child has been screaming bloody murder right before or during the otoscopy then the ear drum could be red just because of the screaming and not because there is infection. Please keep a log of what you see in the ear if anything is abnormal. For those who have scheduled appointments with the ENT, you know it can take a long time to get in. You may catch the fact that your kid is having an episode of ear problems with your otoscope, but it could be resolved before your appointment. It is still important to tell the ENT what you saw and how long it occurred. Recurrent ear problems need to be documented.

On a side note, purchase the insurance with this if you can. I carried mine around in my backpack and the lens popped out and the otoscope has now been thrown away. Also you need to keep the speculum disinfected. Once it has been in the ears of a person treat it like a piece of chewed gum. Place it in a container for used speculum, clean your hands, and don't use the same uncleaned speculum for several people, you wouldn't share your gum, don't share your speculum.

Dr Mom LED Pocket Otoscope

I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend it highly to anyone. I had bought a cheaper version at CVS for $10 but it broke twice and I just gave up on it. I went searching the web and came across this item with a lifetime guarantee and was sold. Once I received it and used it, i was even more impressed. The light is fantastic and I was able to see into my toddlers ears with no problems. If you have small kids that get a lot of ear infections or a lot of wax build up, you need to get this item.

This Otoscope Rocks!

I am amazed how clearly I can see with this otoscope. My brother who is a pediatrician in Atlanta reccomended it to me. I had one I bought a year or so ago at Wal-Greens for $19 and it doesn't even come close to working as well as this one. This otoscope is in a completely different league. I am so happy with the $25 I spent on this otoscope, we have already caught the beginning of an ear infection in my daughter.
Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex, 90 Count Review Burtstrs Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tube, .15-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 4) Review Millenium Tanning Black Storm Premium Tanning Lotion, 60x, 13.5-Ounce Review Emerita Pro-Gest Natural Progesterone Cream, Paraben-Free, 4-Ounce Tube Review O.b. Super Plus Absorbency Tampons 40-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) Review Hollywood Hills Realtor For Budget Conscious Individuals Currency Strength Robot review Trevo Review - Can Trevo Help You Make Money? Mlm Compensation Forced Matrix Plan Review Easy Scholarships For Older Students - Getting the Financial Aid That you need A Yipiz Review - The right MLM Company at the best Time? New primary Zhang Shunbo ceramic pot soup of electromagnetic cooking - Soon Park, induction cooker, Slow Cooker Meals to the Rescue
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.12.146.87) / Processed in 0.005910 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 8078, 385,