Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself

When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself

Jack fancied himself an experienced do-it-yourself around the house: he regularly

repaired leaky faucets, secured rain gutters, and even installed several ceiling fans himself. So when he decided to replace some shingles on his roof, he thought nothing of it. Unfortunately, once he got up there Jack discovered that the pitch of the roof was more than he could handle, and a momentary lapse of attention caused him to go careening to the ground, breaking his back in the process.

The sour economy has all but driven the home construction industry to its knees: people are staying put in their existing homes instead of upgrading to new ones. Older and even some newer homes are beginning to show their age, and thrifty homeowners may be tempted to tackle necessary repairs themselves rather than calling in the professionals. Although in many cases that kind of do-it-yourself attitude works, there are definitely some repair jobs that are simply too dangerous for amateurs.

Roofing

As the above scenario with Jack the do-it-yourselfer illustrates, sometimes we simply overestimate our own abilities when it comes to home repair. Common sense is a great quality to have in the face of a project. Although fixing or replacing your roof yourself will save you hundreds to thousands of dollars, no amount of noble intentions will be able to compensate for the effects of vertigo up on that roof. If you have problems with dizziness, have a fear of heights, or are inexperienced with roof repair, call the professionals. When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself

Electrical wiring

Anything more than installing a ceiling fan or light fixture should be left up to the professionals. And if you've never done either of the two jobs mentioned, you should not undertake them alone the first time you do them. Accidental electrocutions happen in homes across America every day. Unless you are comfortable and experienced with electrical wiring, call the professionals.

Plumbing

Plumbing is one area of home repair where, if you don't do the job right it could impact not only your house's water system, but the entire neighborhoods! Simple toilet repairs and fixing leaky faucets or exposed pipes can easily be handled by amateurs: but if it's something more involved, it's best to call a plumber right away.

In fact, a good rule is: if you can't see it, but you know it's creating a problem then you'd better call a plumber to fix it. Home, property, and neighborhood water systems are complicated systems. There is a good chance that one faulty step at your end could create a domino effect, hurting other pipes. You could cause flooding or other major water damage with excessive blind tinkering where you can't see what you are doing. In cases such as these, it's time to call the professionals.

Saving money is America's national pastime right now, but good common sense never goes out of style: when you're in over your head, it's always wise to call the professionals.

by: Art Gib
Your Brain Is Slowly Degenerating... Here's How To Stop It A Brief History Of Automobiles Find An Auto Repair Shop Before You Need One Nascar Tickets - Despite Rumors, Patrick Won't Race Nascar In 2010 How To Select An Auto Injury Lawyer Used Cubicles & Used Office Furniture For Today's Budget Buyer I'm Still Not Over My Bf How To Move On The Dos And Don'ts Of Plus Size Clothing How Do I Get Over My Ex's Cheating This Year The Fashionable Man's Guide To Storing Clothes Who I Am Ringtone - Nick Jonas & The Administration - Who I Am Ringtone A Double Chin Can Make You Look Fat, Ugly And Old - It's Sad But True! Zac Brown Band Tickets - Extending Their 'foundation' Run
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.247.31) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.005312 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3107, 952,
When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself Tel Aviv