Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Two Alaskan's Inaugural Events and Adventures in Washington DC
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Two Alaskan's Inaugural Events and Adventures in Washington DC

My husband and I had always wanted visit our nation's capital but we live in Alaska so any trip is very costly and long. So we saved up our money and by the time we had the money saved it just so happened to be around the President's inauguration. We booked a hotel room as fast as we could and got prepared for what we knew would be one of the greatest events we would ever see.

Standing amongst over a million people and watching our new President get sworn in was definitely the highlight of our trip. And we experienced other adventures as well. We couldn't get a hotel room in Washington, D.C. so we stayed at a very nice hotel in Alexandria, VA. Now we're not city people so we've never taken a train/metro that goes below ground. The hotel gave us directions to the metro that was within walking distance of our hotel. But we didn't need them because we just followed the crowd. We had to wait for one train to pass before we could even fit into the next one, but once aboard, smushed between God knows how many people we finally got to our destination which felt like it took forever.

One we were in DC it was awe inspiring!!! Seeing things that you usually only see on TV took my breath away. We saw the Capitol, the Washington Monument and finally found a place amongst the crowd of people. We carried small fold-up chairs and sat down to take it all in. I was afraid I'd lose my husband so we sat next to each other and played gin rummy in our chairs until the events began. Our friend's back in Alaska suggested the chairs and cards because they knew we'd be waiting a long time until the inauguration started.

Since we were seated so far back we watched everything on these giants screens they had lined up on the National Mall. The whole experience was beyond words. I got chills watching the pomp and circumstance, and when it finally came time to watch the swearing in, I knew I was going to be hoarse the next day because the crowd was so into it too that all you did was scream and cheer. Afterwards we threw out our chairs and walked around the city, had a great meal, and then after the city emptied out we headed back to the metro. It was one of the best adventures I've ever had and we had many more during the rest of our trip.
What to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011 Orlando Group Travel Will Plan and Take Care of Any Large Travel Event Cloud Computing Comparison Visiting Hawaii - White Sand Kailua Beach My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza How I Met My Husband Through Christian Singles Washington DC Craft Show Listings - Best Arts And Crafts Fairs and Festivals Across The Country My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife Missouri: A Rejuvenating Bed and Breakfast Destination Busines travel and Management - Leather Briefcases End of The Rainbow at Trafalgar Studios London West End
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.100.237) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.005254 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2413, 954,
Two Alaskan's Inaugural Events and Adventures in Washington DC Casper