Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca

An ideal choice for your sun holiday from ireland

Getting ThereMy Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca

You'll be flying into Palma Airport which is the 3rd busiest of the Spanish Airports (it can actually calim the mantle of being the busiest for a brief period during the high season). It's large, modern layout lacks nothing and will keep even the seasoned traveller happy. Private transfers from the Airport to your resort can be booked ahead of time. Bus and taxi options exist for those that find the cost of these prohibitive. Car Hire is available for those wanting the freedom to explore the island.

Getting Around

Mallorca is the biggest of the Balearics but most places are reachable by bus. Limited services are operated on Sundays and at night time.There is a small rail network that runs between Puerto de Sller, Manacor, Inca, Sa Pobla and Sineu. Cars are a good way of getting around the island and can be hired in most of the tourist towns but for reliability and to avoid disappointment in peak season its recommended that you book well in advance through a trusted agent.

Where to Sleep

Alcudia in the north and Magaluf in the south are the two main resorts on the island as far as the package holidaymaker is concerned. Alcudia is actually home to the biggest holiday resort in eurpope, the Bellevue complex. Accommodation is mainly aimed package-tour tourist who wants a room near the beach. Most of these hotels will be cheaper if booked through a travel or online agent. As a result of this most of the hotels on the Island are two and three star although there are more upmarket and luxury hotels to be found especially around Palmas shopping district. Over the past few years the number of alternative accommodations for more experienced, individual travellers, such as villas, apartments and fincas, has steadily been growing. The "all inclusive" option has also become popular with many hotels acctracting familys with the promise of all you can eat (and drink) for a set cost.

Where to Eat

There are a huge amount of options for eating out on the Island, most of which are friendly and inexpensive. Most if not all tastes are catered for on the island and Paella is a recommended local cousine, especially the seafood type. As with the other Balearic Islands tapas bars are dotted all over the resorts with the larger commercial resorst offering all the culinary delights of the fast food resturants you'll find at home

Where to Drink

The drinking age is 18 and in most resorts you will see people chatting and drinking in bars and cafes from an early hour but Mediterranean locals themselves don't venture out until well past midnight they are known for going out quite late The main nightlife centres are,

Magaluf, in the south which is a well known British centre on the Island. Ananas Disco and BCM Empire Disco are a must do here...My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca

Palma de Mallorca which is by the sea. Abraxas (former Pacha) and Tito's are the main discos where everybody goes

Alcudia in the North will have a more Irish base then the other two. The nightlife here is definately family orientated though and although full of pubs and disco bars you won't find the clubbing experience of Magaluf or Palma here.

My Holidays From Dublin - Mallorca

Holidays From Dublin
My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife Missouri: A Rejuvenating Bed and Breakfast Destination Busines travel and Management - Leather Briefcases End of The Rainbow at Trafalgar Studios London West End South africa crusher,Metal crusher,Roller crusher Why Christmas Lights Have Stood the Test of Time Merrie Monarch Festival: Celebrating Hawaiian Tradition Long Beach Caterer - What They Can Help With Santa Cruz Holiday Rentals and A Way To Take pleasure in Santa Cruz Festivals Performances of Antiguan actors lauded at CaribbeanTales Film Festival The Applications of LED Strip Oakajee denies Australian report of cost blow out
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.251.142) / Processed in 0.007315 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 3516, 954,