Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria

Gran Canaria is The third largest Island in the Canary Island Gran Canaria has the largest population. A relatively small island it shows an amazing diversity when it comes to its landscape. A great choice for your sun holiday from ireland

Getting ThereMy Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria

The islands airport is located in Las Palmas and is served by charter airlines all year round with many scheduled flights taking place during the peak summer and winter sun seasons. Coach transfers will be arranged for most package holidays with journey times to most resorts of around an hour. The public transport system is well organised and very economical with buses travelling between the major resorts. There is no train system on the island. Rental cars are a very popular option for tourists with a highway that covers most of the island making driving relatively safe

Where to Sleep

The three main resorts Playa del Ingles and Puerto Rico are well served by both hotel and holiday villa rental. Most package holidays will be based from one of the hotels. Playa del Ingles attracts a both the young and gay scene so take this in to consideration when picking a hotel here. Stay away from the centres if you value your sleep. Puerto Rico attracts a more mature crowd but is no less lively. The main resorts will be densely populated with hotels and apartments. If its a quiet villa or house rental you're after, try one of the quieter fishing villages.

Where to Eat

When it comes to food you're spoiled for choice in Gran Canaria. If you don't feel like taking a chance on local cuisine you can pick up everything from a fry for breakfast to fish and chips for dinner. Most places in the main commercial centres actually cater for the Irish/British palette. It would be a shame though not to try some local dishes during your stay and there's no shortage of Canarian restaurants waiting to serve you. Fried fresh fish is a local speciality served with salted potatoes. Speciality desserts are also not to be forgotten many of the featuring honey and cream.

Where to Drink

Playa del Ingles really is party central. The beachfront is alive from early afternoon with holiday goers consuming vast amount of cocktails to get revved up for the nights drinking. After they've had their fill on the beach its back to the hotel to change before hitting either the Irish Centre of the Kasbah where the British tourists hang out. Small bars are generally where all the fun is here and most places do drinks specials that will keep you busy until you find your way into one of the larger super clubs and wait for the sun to come up. Puerto Rico, while more mature, is still hip and happening so to speak. Definitely less 17 year olds falling around the streets and less rainbow flags but its still a place where you're guaranteed a good night out. If you do find yourself in the capital, Las Palmas, stick around for the night life which has everything the other resorts have to offer with more cosmopolitan influence.

My Holidays From Dublin

Holidays From Dublin

Content myholidaysfromdublin.com 2011 - Contact Us for republishing permissions
My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife Missouri: A Rejuvenating Bed and Breakfast Destination Busines travel and Management - Leather Briefcases End of The Rainbow at Trafalgar Studios London West End South africa crusher,Metal crusher,Roller crusher Why Christmas Lights Have Stood the Test of Time Merrie Monarch Festival: Celebrating Hawaiian Tradition Long Beach Caterer - What They Can Help With Santa Cruz Holiday Rentals and A Way To Take pleasure in Santa Cruz Festivals Performances of Antiguan actors lauded at CaribbeanTales Film Festival The Applications of LED Strip Oakajee denies Australian report of cost blow out Festivals add Colour to Coonoor
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.51.63) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005352 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3362, 954,
My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria Campo Grande