Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » What to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011

My Holidays From Dublin Guide - Holiday Essentials 2011

Wondering what should be in and or out of your suitcase as you prepare for your annual bout of fun in the sun? Check out the myholidaysfromdublin no nonsense guide to the 10 essentials you definitely shouldn't be without on your sun holiday from Ireland...

1. Tickets, Passport & MoneyWhat to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011

We won't dwell on this one. Don't leave the house without the first two and the last one isn't so much of an issue with the Euro in full effect. Just make sure your bank card is going to work in ATMs abroad if that's your chosen method of funding your holiday.

2. Camera

You've paid all that money for a holiday, you're going to want some memories. Yes most phones come with cameras these days, but you run the risk of your lovely iPhone getting drenched by the pool or full of sand at the beach. Besides, camera phones take rubbish photos at night and in clubs meaning you'll never be able to remember what that holiday romance really looked like. The solution, pick up one of these. It's the latest "holiday proof" camera from Olympus. The Olympus Tough TG-610 resists water and heat without batting an lens. Waterproof up to 5m and will take a 5ft straight drop (those are probably conservative estimates as well but I wouldn't fancy being the one to push the limits) meaning it's going to take everything your holiday has to throw at it. At 229 it's not exactly disposable but safe in the knowledge it will survive anything from being left out in the sun to a dip in the pool you know it's an investment for holidays to come...

3. Music

Now I know what you're going to say, I have a music player on my phone, but I'll refer you to the start of point 1. My phone goes nowhere near the pool or beach when I'm on a sun holiday, I've come away with enough soggy books and sand filled bags to have learned my lesson. Mp3 players are cheap to the point they're almost throwaway these days. You don't need 26 hours of music when in reality you'll probably going to listen to the same songs over and over... Get yourself a cheap player and put some music on it.

4. Swimwear

For the men out there, swim wear often means throwing a pair of football shorts in the bag and being done with it for others its buy the first pair you find but we're not putting too much effort into it either way. For women it's a totally different story involving year round trips to shop after shop looking for bargains and that all important figure flattering style. "What do you mean I'm only going away for 7 days, of course I need 12 bikinis" she barks... Argue with that one @ your peril lads... Either way swimwear, in some shape or form, is essential.

5. Beach Towel

We're living in the Ryanair age of super low cost, they'll strip everything non essential out of your holiday to make it as competitive on price as they can. Unless you're staying in a super plush resort this will probably extend to Beach Towels as well, so don't be expecting to have one handed to you on check in. At the same time you don't want to be taking out a towel out of your bag that was probably white in a former life but now resembles something used to mop up spillages in a fake tan distributers... If you don't have you you're willing to have on display all day, get yourself down to Penneys and buy a beach towel.

6. Sunglasses

Of course they allow to stare at beautiful people from your sun bed safe in the knowledge you won't be arrested and put on a list... And they hide the fact that you look like you've slept for 6 hours over the last three days but sunglasses also offer protection for our sensitive little Irish eyes against the suns harmful rays. You want them to filter out 100% of UV-A & UV-B at a minimum and stay away from cheap knock offs, they dilate your pupils without filtering out the UV rays letting more in. You'd be better off with none!

7. Sun cream

Following on from your last essential we have sun cream. Now we realise we're Irish, we (generally) have super fair skin and know that we should always use a high factor when we're away to stop us burning... Don't we? If the dozens of lobster coloured creatures walking through the Dublin Airport arrivals gate every day that message hasn't quite gotten through to some people. Be smart about it, use a a high factor to begin with at drop down as your tan increases. Stay out of the mid day sun at all times, UV levels are stupidly high and there's no good sun to be had at this time you'd be better off putting a t-shirt and hat on and going for a walk because you will burn if you're not protected. If you want your tan to last, use after sun with alo vera to replace lost moisture and help prevent peeling...

8. Toiletries

Two things here. Firstly, depending on where you're going you may or may not be able to get toothpaste, shower gel or other "hygiene" products without either paying through the nose for them or having to buy a strange brand designed for people that have skin that's as tough as leather. Stock up before you go. Secondly, anything you do bring should be put in your checked in bag. Don't put it in your hand baggage unless its less then 100ml and even so be prepared to put it in a clear plastic bag and have every member of airport security have a little look then look back at you as it goes through the conveyor on its way to x-ray. Speaking of hygiene....

9. Clean Underwear

"The awkward moment when you look for your underwear the next morning then you realise they've walked themselves out to the pool and are tanning without you"... Yeah.... Make sure you pack plenty of clean underwear, you never know what situations you might end up in... or who you might end up in them with ;o) Bringing clothes would probably be a smart move as well, just take it easy girls you're only going away for a week not a year.What to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011

10. Superquinn Sausages

No matter how much fun you're having, what kind of fun it is and who you're having it with... There's no taste like home!

My Holidays From Dublin - Holiday Essentials

Holidays From Dublin
Orlando Group Travel Will Plan and Take Care of Any Large Travel Event Cloud Computing Comparison Visiting Hawaii - White Sand Kailua Beach My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza How I Met My Husband Through Christian Singles Washington DC Craft Show Listings - Best Arts And Crafts Fairs and Festivals Across The Country My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife Missouri: A Rejuvenating Bed and Breakfast Destination Busines travel and Management - Leather Briefcases End of The Rainbow at Trafalgar Studios London West End South africa crusher,Metal crusher,Roller crusher
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.3.163) / Processed in 0.015840 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 48 , 6542, 954,