Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza

Ibiza - A great choice for your sun holiday from ireland

Getting ThereMy Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza

Ibiza's International Airport (and only airport) is located about 7kms outside the Capital. The Airport itself is small, as you would expect for a relatively small island, and can get extremely busy during the summer especially at weekends when people from all over the Iberian peninsula and further fly in to experience the legendary nightlife. Although small the airport is well equipped with all the usual modern conveniences. Getting from the airport to your hotel is as easy as hopping on one of the many buses that serve the major resorts. A 20 minute taxi journey is also to be considered and car hire is an increasingly popular option.

Getting Around

The main tourist areas in Ibiza are all within reach of each other, and the towns are small enough to ensure you don't have to rely heavily on a public transport system. Walking is generally the chosen method of moving around. Transport between the main cities by taxi can cost about 20-30. One thing to be aware of is that Ibiza is notorious when it comes to bad drivers, with many tourists being forced off the road to avoid head on collisions with locals. During the summer months many tourists will drive under the influence of alcohol which adds another layer of danger. Car hire is still a popular option though and should be a safe option assuming you keep your wits about you.

Where to Sleep

When it comes to choosing a place to stay on Ibiza, it all depends on what type of holiday experience you are after. The Island offers everything from the basic hostel-style, un modernised, accommodation to five star mega-bling, such as the Ibiza Grand Hotel in ibiza Town. Many people these days come to Ibiza looking for a week that consisits primarily of drinking and dancing and often book an 18-30s type getaway. If thats the case expect to stay in a very basic high rise hotel where you will have to pay a security deposit on arrival and won't be able to count on silence in or around the hotel @ any stage. Unless you enjoy surrounding yourself with mainly large groups of rowdy drunks who rarely leave their comforts in "San An", then avoid the central San Antonio. The outskirts however are far classier, offering sunset viewing at the hugely popular 'sunset strip', including Cafe Mambo for the Pacha pre-parties, the legendary Cafe Del Mar next door, plus a selection of other bayfront bars. If you're after a holiday that largely consists of chilling and relaxation with the odd visit to a nice unspoilt beach, and the budget allows, then it's better to spend a little more on a nice villa. You're probablly looking at adding car rental to the mix here so that should also be allowed for.

What to Eat

Like the other Balearic Islands the traditional diet in Ibiza focuses largely on seafood. Unlike the other islands however there isn't really a traditional Ibizan dish this is perhaps due to many of the Chefs on the island immigrating from the surrounding countries and bringing their own culture and dishes with them. As with Spanish custom most of the restaurants will stay open quite late. Even if you're a fussy eater you won't be disappointed in Ibiza, restaurants catering to the western tourist aren't hard to find. The best restaurants will be found in Ibiza town itself but the other towns will have similar offerings on their beach-fronts.My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza

Where to Drink

When you talk about Ibiza one word springs to mind, Nightlife. Daytime is usually spent at the beach or by the pool in Ibiza and so most bars won't open until after 7pm. Nearly every bar, has "drink specials" that will be advertised on the street outside the bar or by way of PR reps who will do their utmost to get you inside a venue. These are good options to save some cash in a notoriously expensive destination. The West End, near San Antonio center, is where most people start a night out. Its a long, wide street packed with bars and revelers. Bars will open untill about 3 or 4am here. Ibiza is probably best known for its Superclubs like Privilege, Space, Pacha, Eden, Amnesia, and Es Paradis. Most if not all of these will have have hefty entry fees and the drinks will be extremely expensive. Plan on paying 30-50 for admission (unless you are able to find a special deal or concession from one of the PR reps on the street) and from 8 per drink. We're not talking Las Vegas prices here but we're not far off... Every year Ibiza Superclubs will attract the biggest and best DJs in the world who will play a weekly gig or "residency" on a particular night

My Holidays From Dublin - Ibiza

Holidays From Dublin
How I Met My Husband Through Christian Singles Washington DC Craft Show Listings - Best Arts And Crafts Fairs and Festivals Across The Country My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife Missouri: A Rejuvenating Bed and Breakfast Destination Busines travel and Management - Leather Briefcases End of The Rainbow at Trafalgar Studios London West End South africa crusher,Metal crusher,Roller crusher Why Christmas Lights Have Stood the Test of Time Merrie Monarch Festival: Celebrating Hawaiian Tradition Long Beach Caterer - What They Can Help With Santa Cruz Holiday Rentals and A Way To Take pleasure in Santa Cruz Festivals
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.74.88) / Processed in 0.007155 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 4928, 954,