Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines

Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines

Water parks can often stress out Mom and Dad, especially if it is the first time taking the kids

. Many misfortunes can be avoided with a little preparation and planning, making the next trip to a water park relaxing and fun like it should be. Following is a list of 10 things to think about for the next water park visit.

1. Buy tickets in advance.

Save time, and sometimes money, by buying tickets in advance. Pre-purchased tickets set aside the hassle of standing in multiple lines and delaying the true fun behind the gates.

2. Arrive early.Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines

Tickets are the same price whether you arrive at 7AM or 11AM, so arriving earlier stretches the value of a park ticket. Also, those who arrive earlier usually benefit from:

- better parking spots

- fewer lines

- avoiding the "rush" for the main attractions

- not having to look all over for a spot to put belongings

3. Pack light.

Do not bring lots of cash or valuables into the water park. Credit cards are the best way to spend money in water parks as they can get wet and offer protection if stolen. If certain valuables are necessary, it is recommended to keep them in a locker.

4. Don't forget the sunblock!

Whatever you pack, do not forget the sunscreen. Sunblock is absolutely necessary to protect against burning. Make sure it is waterproof, has adequate SPF and is re-applied several times throughout the day.

5. Bring a pair of sandals.

It is essential to protect feet from the rough concrete surfaces and pool decks by using sandals or flip-flops. Make sure all the kids have a pair for the day so they can safely walk around when not in the water.

6. Think about bathing suits.

A water park is an amusement park with thrill rides, slides and chutes, so dress appropriately. Make sure the boys have tight, strong draw strings on their swimming trunks and the girls are fitted with one-piece suits.

7. Bring a light shirt.

When not in the water, a light t-shirt is recommended to be worn. When sitting out in the sun all day, it is important to protect the skin. Have a light t-shirt on hand for entering and exiting the park, eating lunch and when taking other breaks throughout the day.

8. Sunglasses are a must!

The sun can reflect off wet surfaces causing a bright glare. Sunglasses will not only protect eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays, but also make the experience more enjoyable with not having to squint all day.

9. Choose a meeting location.

Upon entering the park, decide on a rendezvous location and make sure all of the kids know how to get to it. In the unfortunate event that someone gets lost, a meeting location can help reunite that lost family member.

10. Safety is always first.Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines

Always listen to the lifeguards and park staff at the water park. Their main objective is to keep their visitors safe, and are trained on how to do so. Do not enter unattended areas, staff only locations and be sure to abide by the water park rules.

Water parks host millions of visitors each year in the United States. With a little planning, families can make the most of their experiences. From packing the essentials to simply following the safety guidelines of the park, the ten tips outlined above can enhance fun and protection when visiting a water park.

About the author

Splash Zone is the #1 family water park located in Wildwood New Jersey. Splash Zone water park NJ mixes adrenaline-pumping action with family-style fun.
Holidays In The Dolomites: Falcade by:Francesca Tessarollo Flourishing Travel Destination in India by:Tracy Barb Enjoy Mothers Day on Sydney Harbour Cruises by:Alice Mathew An Overview Of Charter Buses And Their Advantages by:David William I Love Italian Travel - Attractions of Northern Italy During May, Part II by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Campania And Apulia by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice, Italy - San Marco District Hotels by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice Italy - Hotels In The Cannaregio District by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Central Italy, Part II by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Central Italy, Part I by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Northern Italy, Part I by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice, Italy - Hotels In The Castello District by:Levi Reiss Different Areas of Manhattan by:Maria Alvarez
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.170.190) New York / New York City Processed in 0.014379 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 54 , 3647, 954,
Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines New York City