Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Selecting A Courier's Route When Shipping
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Selecting A Courier's Route When Shipping

There aren't many situations where it might beneficial to dictate the route a courier takes

, but the few where it could be it would be nice to have that option in many cases. This is why so many people as their courier companies if they can in fact dictate the route their courier takes. This obviously isn't going to be something that you can do if you're only having a single package shipped, as the courier is going to be carrying many other items from many other customers, and the courier company themselves will be creating the route based on the most efficient use of the courier's gas and time. The situations changes slightly at times however, and if you're using a North Dakota courier company to make multiple deliveries for you, you may have some more flexibility in terms of determining a route.

This isn't always going to be the case, for example if your multiple stop shipment includes only two stops, but the more stops included in your delivery, the greater input you'll typically be allowed to have into the routing of the truck based on your share of the cargo being carried. Be aware that at times you could be charged a fee or surcharge for requesting route alterations, especially if they create any needless miles or backtracking for the driver. But, if you have a good reason for requesting the route, that fee may be worth it.

You should also be able to offer input into the route whenever your company has rented an entire vehicle from a courier company. If you've hired a private courier for your business from a delivery company, you are essentially paying for their services regardless of what they are doing, allowing you the flexibility that you might require as far as planning where the driver goes.

The final time you might be able to do this is also when your package might be the only one in the vehicle, and this is on a rush point to point delivery. This is when a courier comes straight to your location to pick up your package and rush it to its delivery drop off with no other stops in between. Typically speaking the company and their GPS software will be able to plan the most efficient route for you, but if you have reason to request you own route you should be able to do so, as your's is the only delivery.

by: Paul McDuffy
The Next Big Fad: Everyone's an Author Why I Can't Forget My Bf How To Move On My Ex Sleeps With Me But Won't Talk To Me First Time Home Buyers Stimulus - Don't Pass Up This Opportunity! He's Broken My Heart Again - How Long Does It Take Ex Won't Give Me Closure - How Long Does It Take When It's Time To Call The Professionals: Do Not Try These Home Repairs Yourself Your Brain Is Slowly Degenerating... Here's How To Stop It A Brief History Of Automobiles Find An Auto Repair Shop Before You Need One Nascar Tickets - Despite Rumors, Patrick Won't Race Nascar In 2010 How To Select An Auto Injury Lawyer Used Cubicles & Used Office Furniture For Today's Budget Buyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.27.202) / Processed in 0.011982 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2365, 952,