Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Monsters Of Folk Tickets - Monsters Of Folk: Indie Rock's Finest
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Monsters Of Folk Tickets - Monsters Of Folk: Indie Rock's Finest

Monsters of Folk may already be a supergroup comprised of some of the biggest names in indie rock-Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes, M

. Ward from She & Him and Jim James from My Morning Jacket-but the group decided to try glam rock on for size on Halloween night. During a gig at Louisville's Palace Theatre, Monsters of Folk celebrated the spooky holiday by dressing up as the members of KISS, face paint and all, and even performed the KISS anthem "Detroit Rock City."

After delivering a two-and-a-half-hour set list comprised of their own songs ("Losin Yo Head," "Say Please") as well as tracks from My Morning Jacket ("I Will be There When You Die") and M. Ward's solo catalog ("We Are Nowhere and It Is Now"), they appeared on stage in KISS regalia for their encore. It was just as well, as the eight-inch heels braved by Oberst (as Paul Stanley) would have been hard to navigate the stage in for long. My Morning Jacket's Jim James was Gene Simmons, for those wondering.

A supergroup in the truest sense of the word, Monsters of Folk came together in 2004 after the respective musicians began to collaborate both onstage and behind these scenes while touring with their separate bands. Contrary to the band members' musical backgrounds and what their group name may suggest, their sound is more rooted in rock than folk."Though there are elements of country, blues, easygoing rock, and, yes, folk to be heard throughout, the overall sound defies instant categorization," reads a statement on Monsters of Folk's official website. However indescribable Monsters of Folk's sound may be, fans are eating it up.

Years in the making, Monsters of Folk released their eponymous debut album on Sept. 22 via Shangri-La Music. Much like the group's live shows, Monsters of Folk sees the musicians swapping instruments. James previously revealed to Billboard online, "We wanted to make it so it was only the four of us playing anything you hear on the record. And it was fun for us to play instruments we don't normally play." In addition to trying each others' instruments on for size on tour, the band also switches off lead and backing vocal duties. Monsters Of Folk Tickets - Monsters Of Folk: Indie Rock's Finest

The group embarked on a tour in Vancouver on Oct. 13 and will remain in the road through November, playing dates scattered throughout the U.S. and Canada before traveling to Europe for a string of shows. Although the supergroup just released their first album, the supergroup previously toured in 2004, during which the group first became referred to as the "Monsters of Folk" by all involved in the trek.

Monsters of Folk is also teaming up with music-based philanthropic group Air Traffic Control to donate $1 from each ticket sold to local non-profit organizations. Check out Monsters of Folk tickets to see the band in cities like Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

by: Brent Warnken
Recognise 'the Force' And Trade The Trend Keywords Are The "Key" To Targeted Traffic Special Birthday's: 21st Birthday Gifts For A Son Or Daughter Slow PC Performance? See How I Easily & Quickly Boosted My PC Speed Without the Headaches! Burn Abdominal Fat Off In 2 Weeks - The Best Diet to Naturally Get a Flat Midsection Fast & Easy! America's Next Top Model Rob Thomas Tickets - Plans To Return Home, Where It's Comfortable Sewer & Drains Manuelle De Construction D'une Terrasse En Bois Lionel Richie Tickets - 'just Go' To His December Concert! Let's hear it for the African Cup of Nations Anne's UGG Boots Making Money On Ebay - Don't Give Up!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.166.7) / Processed in 0.005250 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2958, 952,