Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » I Love Touring Rome, Italy - Hotels In The Aventino District by:Levi Reiss
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Love Touring Rome, Italy - Hotels In The Aventino District by:Levi Reiss

I Love Touring Rome, Italy - Hotels In The Aventino District by:Levi Reiss

The Aventino district is situated in southern Rome

. It hosts many important archeological sites including a portion of the Appian Way, a Roman road built over 2300 years ago. About 500 years later the Emperor Caracalla began the construction of the largest baths that could handle up to 1600 bathers plus their slaves. While its exterior is sober, the floors are paved with mosaics and marble and its stucco walls are decorated with mosaics. This building was small potatoes compared to the Circus Maximus that could hold 300,000 spectators cheering on the chariot races. Make sure to see the Tempio de Vesta dedicated to Hercules and the Porta San Sebastiano (St. Sebastian's Gate), said to be Rome's most spectacular gate. According to legend, liars who stick their hand in the famous Bocca della Verita (the Mouth of Truth), will lose it. Check this out in the celebrated in the 1953 movie "Vacanze Romane" (Roman Holidays) with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn (Oscar for Best Actress).

Who would expect a pyramid in Rome? This lovely district hosts Caius Cestius's marble covered pyramid-mausoleum. For your convenience we have listed neighborhood hotels in approximate order of cost, starting from the least expensive. We have personally verified that all these hotels provide a website with English-language pages.

The Bed and Breakfast Emozioni Romane has only three large rooms for rent so you better reserve early. One of its rooms can sleep four people. This is a family run operation. They serve an Italian breakfast. The address is Via Giovanni da Empoli 6 - 00154 Rome.

The Bed and Breakfast Le 4 Meraviglie is located at the southern end of the district but is close to a subway station. It offers 4 elegant rooms. Unlike most bed and breakfasts, you get a breakfast voucher good at an adjacent bar. The address is Via della Moletta 17 - 00154 Rome.I Love Touring Rome, Italy - Hotels In The Aventino District by:Levi Reiss

The Hotel Domus Aventina's prices vary considerably depending on the dates. This three-star hotel occupies a building whose Seventeenth Century facade has remained intact. It neighbors the municipal rose garden boasting 2000 types of plants. On the other side you will find the famous Giardino degli Aranci (Orange Garden). Many rooms have a view of one of the gardens. The address is Via di Santa Prisca 11/B - 00153 Rome.

The Hotel Abitart is brand new and is only a hop, skip, and a jump from the pyramid. Its style of decoration is definitely contemporary. There are single, double, and triple rooms, and eight sophisticated junior suites. Each of the five floors features a different color. They offer a variety of business services including simultaneous translation and 6 meeting rooms. The restaurant-bar provides outdoor seating and a smoker's dining room that I personally will never visit, although I do like a tobacco taste in my wine. The address is Via P. Matteucci 10 - 00154 Rome.

About the author

Levi Reiss wrote or co-authored ten computer and Internet books, but to tell the truth, he would rather just drink fine Italian or other wine, accompanied by the right foods. He teaches classes in computers at an Ontario French-language community college. Check out his wine website http://www.theworldwidewine.com with a weekly column reviewing $10 wines and new sections writing about (theory) and tasting (practice) organic and kosher wines.
Surviving the Water Park: 10 Things to Think About by:Don Haines Holidays In The Dolomites: Falcade by:Francesca Tessarollo Flourishing Travel Destination in India by:Tracy Barb Enjoy Mothers Day on Sydney Harbour Cruises by:Alice Mathew An Overview Of Charter Buses And Their Advantages by:David William I Love Italian Travel - Attractions of Northern Italy During May, Part II by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Campania And Apulia by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice, Italy - San Marco District Hotels by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice Italy - Hotels In The Cannaregio District by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Central Italy, Part II by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Central Italy, Part I by:Levi Reiss I Love Italian Travel - May Attractions Of Northern Italy, Part I by:Levi Reiss I Love Touring Venice, Italy - Hotels In The Castello District by:Levi Reiss
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.217.65.190) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.009416 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3482, 954,
I Love Touring Rome, Italy - Hotels In The Aventino District by:Levi Reiss Copenhagen