Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Why Pat Robertson doesn't speak for the devil
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Pat Robertson doesn't speak for the devil

With the earthquake devastating Haiti this week

, numerous agencies, countries and individuals are reaching out a helping hand. Along with sending medical supplies, some Cleveland doctors are planning to head to the country as well. While such heroic efforts highlight the best of human nature, sadly others seem to endeavor to represent the worst. Failing to learn from earlier insensitive remarks about 9/11, once again CBN founder Pat Robertson has caused hurt and confusion in the face of tragedy by making careless comments. Yesterday on his program, Robertson stated that the earthquake happened because the Haitians got together and swore a pact to the devil in exchange for freedom from the French. Robertson continued that Ever since, they have been cursed. Predictably, his comments have received a large backlash from reporters and from individuals on the street. Interestingly enough, Jesus was once asked about a couple of tragedies that occurred during his day. Those posing the questions to him were hoping that he would validate their beliefs that God was judging the people by bringing on the events. Instead Jesus answered, Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no!...Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on themdo you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! (Luke 13:1-5). He then calls on his listeners to consider their own lives and to turn from their own sin, rather than trying to cast judgments. So while the people wanted Jesus to tell them why the incidents happened, he turns their questions around and asks them if they think they are better than the people who died since they didnt experience the tragedy themselves. Put another way, we are not God and have no business casting such claims around. In short, neither I, nor Robertson, nor anyone else is better than the Haitians, and the correct response is to offer love and a helping hand, for Jesus tells us that, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40). As for Robertsons concern about the devil, the Apostle Paul stated that Jesus, disarmed the powers and authorities, and made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross (Colossians 2:15). Paul also stated that where sin increased, grace increased all the more (Romans 5:20). Perhaps Mother Teresa summed it up best by sharing, We are committed to feed Christ who is hungry, committed to clothe Christ who is naked, committed to take in Christ who has no home-and to do all this with a smile on our face and bursting with joy. Would that Robertson, and all of us, see that we are called for such a time as this to offer a helping hand to those in Haiti. Giving to organizations like the Red Cross is a great way to start.

By: Tobin Crenshaw
Chiropractor In Fargo Nd | Bone Injuries: Compound And Simple Fractures Runtime "Pure" Errors - Act Fast On This ! Forex! Find Out If It's The Right Market For You! Andrea Bocelli Tickets - It's Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas Monsters Of Folk Tickets - Monsters Of Folk: Indie Rock's Finest Recognise 'the Force' And Trade The Trend Keywords Are The "Key" To Targeted Traffic Special Birthday's: 21st Birthday Gifts For A Son Or Daughter Slow PC Performance? See How I Easily & Quickly Boosted My PC Speed Without the Headaches! Burn Abdominal Fat Off In 2 Weeks - The Best Diet to Naturally Get a Flat Midsection Fast & Easy! America's Next Top Model Rob Thomas Tickets - Plans To Return Home, Where It's Comfortable Sewer & Drains
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.204.211) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005708 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 2993, 952,
Why Pat Robertson doesn't speak for the devil Campo Grande