Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 Review!
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 Review!

span>Share:

ST310005EXA101 - Good Low Cost USB Drive

By Edwin

I just purchased my second seagate 1.5 tb drive as I find them to be quite affordable for such a large drive.

That said, hard-drives do fail, and I did have a problem with my first seagate drive. I returned ST310005EXA101 to Seagate and they promptly replaced it.

Why do drives fail? There are three reasons - manufacturing defect, shock and overheating. Lower priced drives; such as this one, are usually not as shock resistant as more expensive drives. If they experience a sudden shock from a drop or fall they are more likely to be damaged. That's why its important to locate external drives on a solid platform (not the top of a tower PC or the edge of a table) and ensure that cables are not placed where they will cause the drive to fall if pulled upon. Also, you don't want to bury a drive under piles of papers or magazines. They need ventilation for proper cooling.

I use my two seagate drives for file backups and rotate the drives weekly. This ensures that one backup drive is not connected to the PC, and thus protected from any power surges that may hit the PC; which is protected by a surge protector. If one backup drive fails, I have a second drive in reserve.

ST310005EXA101 - Didn't Work for What I Wanted It For

By Brian Kincaid

not that its a terrible drive, but it didn't work for my purposes.

the drive has a slow access time & internal power saving features that wont allow it to work well as an external drive to my standalone media player

call it seagate's fault for not allowing you to disable the power saving nonsense; call it western digital's fault for not allowing slower drive's read time; and/or call it my fault for not researching the access time on this ST310005EXA101 drive first (information that is not readily available, i might add).

either way, it doesn't work (btw, the drive is recognized by the wdtv, and can even start playing a video- but it wont respond quickly to remote control commands. i previously had a wd elements 1tb drive hooked up to it, and the response was immediate).

the other things i dont like about the drive are: it doesn't seem to be terribly loud to me, but it is terribly heavy (this isn't something you'd want for the go); and opening it to get to the drive voids your warranty, and seems nearly impossible. shame on you seagate for not allowing an external drive to be easily converted to an internal drive. that's just nonsense.

Read More Reviews...

Share:

by: Tony Solensen
Experts Reviews On The Options Available For Pensions Review Of Smallsun Zy-c41 Review: Samsonite Messenger Changing Bag St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 User Review! Maclaren Strollers and Buggies Be Alexa Chung On A Budget How Maquinaria Para Prefabricados De Hormigon Can Save You Money And Time Is Rent Money, "dead Money"? How To Make Money Fast With Seo Linkedin - Using Linkedin To Make Money Choosing The Right Money Making Program A Single Mattress Review FAPTurbo Reviews - strength of character it Really magnify Your Money?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.187.15) / Processed in 0.004899 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 5993, 385,
St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 Review!