Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Review Of Smallsun Zy-c41
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Review Of Smallsun Zy-c41

The SmallSun ZY-C41 is hard to fault due to its very affordable $10.03 price

. The ZY-C41 is available from many popular and obscure retailers. However, the principal detraction of this flashlight lies in the following: The manufacturer made the very poor decision of releasing both a single-mode and a 3-mode version of this light. That in itself would be acceptable or even commendable for the users who prefer a cheaper and simpler single-mode light. However, the two versions are sold with the very same ZY-C41 moniker, rendering it almost impossible to distinguish between the two, including for the stockers in the warehouses.

The SmallSun ZY-C41 is admittedly a well-made light. The ZY-C41 body style is appearing in the product lineup of almost all the popular and obscure Chinese brands with different emitters and internals, but it appears to be one of the flagship hosts. In my opinion it is not the most attractive light, I'm not sure why. It probably because I prefer designs that are purely cylindrical without anti-roll faces in the middle. I definitely do not like the crenelations (teeth) around the bezel, which aren't very sharp, but they are ugly. And they put ugly shadows in the beam. I like the knurling on the body, and the natural silver aluminum color looks classic. There are a few very fine nicks on the smooth part of the finish, but nothing to mention for the price. My favorite feature on this flashlight is the inside of the tailcap, which features a firm spring-loaded metal post protruding from a rubber backing. This is much nicer than the typically cheap appearance of the slightly crooked spring that most flashlights have. Additionally, this light disassembles at the head and the tail with O-rings on both ends; it should be water resistant enough for a brief dunking or a heavy rainstorm. The tailcap switch is NOT glow-in-the-dark as the DealExtreme description claims. But the switch is recessed enough to allow it to tailstand easily while still being accessible to a fat thumb. It is quite a bit easier to click with a thumb than the Akoray K-106 switch, which is quite small and recessed. The threads on the head and the tail are nice and long, reasonably smooth, lubricated, and they have a nice positive "seating" feel on the final thread, a sort of resistance that requires more effort for the final turn, which gives tactical feel so you know you are about to tighten it down. Anyone know the correct term for this thread style? So far I've clicked it on and off many times, let it run for many hours, and unscrewed it many times, and it hasn't flickered on me yet. Pretty nice for the price.

The battery life of the SmallSun ZY-C41 is unnecessarily reduced on my sample because it has only one rather high mode. The DealExtreme product description claims that it has Digital Regulated 600mA circuitry, with acceptable voltage input of 0.9~4.2V, 4.2V max. I have no way of confirming these figures. The light ran strong for about three hours on a very cheap generic AA alkaline, after which it quickly dimmed. Interestingly though, the circuit allows it to run very dimly for more than 12 hours after that. But if it only had a low mode it would probably produce more usable dim light over a longer period of time instead of wasting it all in the initial bright burst. Since it's a Q3 Cree LED, it's not as efficient as the newer Cree models, and this light further complicates that by driving the battery rather hard. I should mention that you would probably get longer results on a good alkaline or rechargeable AA cell. I used an extremely cheap cell because that's what most people use where I live.

www.lightake.com

by: perfectful
Review: Samsonite Messenger Changing Bag St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 User Review! Maclaren Strollers and Buggies Be Alexa Chung On A Budget How Maquinaria Para Prefabricados De Hormigon Can Save You Money And Time Is Rent Money, "dead Money"? How To Make Money Fast With Seo Linkedin - Using Linkedin To Make Money Choosing The Right Money Making Program A Single Mattress Review FAPTurbo Reviews - strength of character it Really magnify Your Money? Nile River Cruises: Read This Review Before Leaving The Impact Of The 2010 Budget
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.15.61) / Processed in 0.005420 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 3787, 385,
Review Of Smallsun Zy-c41