Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 User Review!
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 User Review!

span>Share:

ST310005EXA101 Two of them lasted only 90 days

By Michael

I am a computer professional and I bought two of ST310005EXA101 in a sale. I was suspicious about the use of Seagate, but the new Western Digital external hard drive is a software for Win64 nasty so I took the chance. Both units are installed without problems and worked perfectly. In 63 days of age was well, and as I was only periodically These units [had left 95% of the time, because I used Seagate Manager, turned them down], I felt enough about them.

In fact, I just read these units once or twice a day for maybe 5 minutes, so I just use them. There are no vaccines or problems, and the monitoring of all my computer hard drive smart sentry [that tells me if there are problems all] looking great. Until day 63.

I was working as usual and I decided to delete a folder on your main ones. The unit has the browser, and frozen, which can happen in Windows 7, so I waited a few seconds until clear himself. When it does, the unit had died instantly, without notice, and never would again. Who died as a doorstop. I used all my knowledge and skills [17 years] PC Tech and the only option was to send a data recovery shop. No problem, I said, I have a completely updated duplicate of this unit and it was not worth to emphasize.

I went to copy my data from the second Seagate drive in a desktop security and froze five minutes and not exactly the same way! Dead as a door stop, 2 units in less than 10 minutes. Luckily I had a power line [backup disk in an old Western] that finally saved me.

So I said, I can get a replacement from Seagate no problem, right? Well, since the unit was dead, could not run the diagnostic software application that gives me the code needed to qualify for replacement RMA to catch Seagate 22. Without that code you have nothing. Four attempts to contact someone at Seagate in [the phone for a place in India where English is obviously their third or fourth language, and after a distant thought] I gave up. The good news is that weight can have a big basket. In conclusion, what you do not buy one of these.

Here's a thought! Do what I did in the end, buying a Antec active external drive and a Western Digital desktop drive from Amazon. The case is beautiful and maintains unity in [30 degrees C range without software] glitchy, and have at least 3 or 4 years of reliable backup to a disk quality. I learned my lesson, Seagate drives may seem [] nice and cheap, but you get what you pay. Also, if a ST310005EXA101 drive fails at some point west, will ship a replacement within a week, and RMA Actually there for customers and real care and customer service people who speak your language. Live and learn, I'll try again Seagate.

Read More Reviews...

Share:

by: John Adam
Maclaren Strollers and Buggies Be Alexa Chung On A Budget How Maquinaria Para Prefabricados De Hormigon Can Save You Money And Time Is Rent Money, "dead Money"? How To Make Money Fast With Seo Linkedin - Using Linkedin To Make Money Choosing The Right Money Making Program A Single Mattress Review FAPTurbo Reviews - strength of character it Really magnify Your Money? Nile River Cruises: Read This Review Before Leaving The Impact Of The 2010 Budget That First Rate Notwithstanding Budget Aloha State Fiesta Barter Along With Units These Optimum At Any Rate Budget Hawaii Islands Long Weekend Opportunities Another Whole
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.242.118) / Processed in 0.013228 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 6229, 385,
St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 User Review!