Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Rotten Tomatoes - Honest Film Reviews
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Rotten Tomatoes - Honest Film Reviews

I find it difficult to accurately convey how much I dread that feeling of regret when

, after having had high expectations for a movie, you put it in the player and it turns out to be truly awful. Those two hours of wasted life can never be reclaimed but fortunately for all of us I know of a website designed to prevent such incidents arising in the future.

I am aware that film critics have been around for as long as the movie industry itself, however the opinion of one person can very rarely be trusted. For this reason I've started relying on a website called Rotten Tomatoes to do a little bit of quick research before I decide to rent a film.

Rotten Tomatoes combines dozens of reviews from numerous film critics for almost any film and gives the user an average after comparing them all. Whilst the opinions of the professionals on any given movie may not accurately mirror your own, the site will at the very least give you a rough idea of what to expect and whether it would be enjoyable watch. To round out the opinions of potentially snooty critics, users of the site are encouraged to give their own personal scores and reviews to the website.

Simply take a visit to www.rottentomatoes.com and enter the name of the movie that is on your mind and click search. You will normally be presented with a couple of results so click the film that is the exact match. From here you will be given a webpage that shows all the relevant information for your film, including the following key points:

- The average rating of the movie based on the critic reviews along with a chance to read each individual review in full.

- The average user rating of the movie which is made up using information submitted from other users of the website.

- Information on the film and its DVD release including the length of the film, special features and format.

- An outline of the movie that seldom has any spoilers or anything else that would hinder the satisfaction of watching of the film.

- DVD Stills and any available Trailers.

- Movie Mistakes section. This is usually quite good if you enjoy picking a movie apart by spotting up factual inaccuracies or that reflection of the cameraman in the mirror.

Rotten Tomatoes has interviews with actors and directors along with general news, a dedicated forum for like minded folk to meet and discuss whatever aspect of any given movie tickles their fancy. Other slightly more random features crop up occasionally ' for example last years rather nice Halloween 'Top 50 horror movies of all time' that I enjoyed greatly. A variety of different charts populate the website further, detailing films that have hit the box office lately or have just been brought out on DVD and thankfully letting us know if they are worthwhile spending money/time on or not.

Not wanting to be restricted to just movies, Rotten Tomatoes also caters for gamers with a similar system which allows you to research video games prior to purchase; perhaps this could be particularly useful for clueless parents in the run up to Christmas?

I am fully aware that it is possible to enjoy a movie that others have hated and I firmly believe that living you life by dodging the unknown is not living. With this in mind, I have found Rotten Tomatoes to be incredibly useful and a priceless free service. By instantly having the opinions of many critics and a few hundred users, making a wise decision about which movie to watch this evening should be a lot easier.

by: Chris Holgate
Star Wars Books 2010 Preview: Jedi Path Options Make Money - If You Manage Them Well Dont Buy Lick By Lick Untill You Read This Review An Honest Review Of Lick By Lick FAP Turbo REVIEW Fapturbo Reviews Earn More Dollars With Maverick Money Makers FAP Turbo Expert Guide - Reviews! Teeth Whitener Options For People On A Budget TaylorMade R7 CGB MAX Complete Set Review Make Effective Decisions To Achieve Financial Freedom Earn Money With Tutorials Make Money On The Web - Pie In The Sky Or Reality?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.41.142) / Processed in 0.013294 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3633, 385,
Rotten Tomatoes - Honest Film Reviews