Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Purpose beyond money!!
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Purpose beyond money!!

A couple of weeks ago, I had the honor of interviewing Aubrey Lee

, Resident Director of Merrill Lynch, on his personal leadership philosophies that facilitate his job. One significant message that I received from the gentleman was the idea of questioning whether or not you would work your position for free if it came down to it. The word free is important when used in this instance simply because it reveals a person's passion and commitment to accomplishing their tasks. The term free is a variable that can expose people for who they really are what their motive really is. I'll give you a couple of examples to illustrate my point.

For 14 out of his 16 year career, hall of fame basketball player Michael Jordan competed for the NBA title on an average yearly contract of 1.7 million. This is, without a doubt, low wages for arguably the greatest NBA athlete ever. In response to his meager salary Jordan said, "If I was greedy, I could sit here and cry about my contract, make it a big issue. And it would be a valid argument. I don't do that. I have never griped about other people making more money". Often Jordan was questioned on his small contracts to which he would usually respond by belittling the topic and talking more about the game. It became clear that the 6-time champ enjoyed the game so much that pay was unimportant to him. Under such terrible compensation, Michael Jordan was a 14 time NBA all-star, and won the MVP award six times.

Contrarily, one of the number one complaints with modern day professional basketball is the shift of motives. NBA spectators believe that the chase for higher salaries have taken away from the essence of the game. Some argue that players spend more time worried about their salaries than competing to add checks to the win column. In fact, just a couple of years ago NBA superstar Vince Carter admitted to playing below his ability in efforts to get traded. Since the shift, marquee players are traded more often than ever before.

Looking at many of our legendary fore fathers, we should notice the fact that they possessed aspirations that transcended monetary gain. Had Stevie Wonder spent more time studying money than he did writing music, would we be enjoying the classic Songs in the Key of Life record today? Probably not, one thing that history has shown us is that money worship can dilute any product, artwork, or cause. Looking at the Music industry today, compared to 20 years ago confirms my point thoroughly. The music industry has evolved from an expression of art into an industry that is focused primarily on gross record sales. As a result, creativity and talent stands neglected, while the notion of music as an art form is slowly being forgotten. It's important that we acknowledge this rule of leadership before we step into the position. Will you enjoy what it is your doing, or would you just be going through the motions? What's crucial about this concept beyond anything else is that people can see behind shallow monetary motives and are reluctant to follow such leadership. Would you go to a church that was focused on financial gain rather than saving souls? Would you want your child going to a school that was motivated by financial gain rather than pleasure in educating kids? Would you want to go to hospital that cared more about income than helping people? These same rules apply to those under your leadership. An effective leader should always have purpose beyond money. If you have any questions or comments feel free to share them with me. arolling@nuprenu.com

Purpose beyond money!!

By: Austin Rolling
RegCure Review - Thinking of Using Regcure? Don't Do Anything Until You Read This Review Review of Registry Mechanic - An Honest Review of Reg Mechanic Where To Invest Your Money? Easy Steps In Saving Money Money before Payday - A Wise Decision to Tackle the Unexpected How To Finance Your Renovations Money till Payday - Live Life Stress Free Lacrosse Backstop: Steps To Saving You Money Unique Hoodia consumer reviews - Does it really work? A Review of Get Him Back Forever Get Him Back Forever - An Unbiased Review I've Got My Copy - Honest Zero Down Traffic Blueprint Review The Best Zero Down Traffic Blueprint Review And The Best Bonus
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.131.100.60) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.014393 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3847, 385,
Purpose beyond money!! Ann Arbor