Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Lacie rugged 500 GB Firewire Portable Hard Drive Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Lacie rugged 500 GB Firewire Portable Hard Drive Review

Are you looking for a LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire

? If you are not sure about its performance, please read this review. After reading this article, you will know about pros and cons of the LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire. Furthermore, I will tell you about how to get it for the lowest price.

Pros of LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire

General: With 500GB capacity of the LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire, I could keep tons of photos, videos, games, documents, applications, etc. I used it several hours a day for watching movies, editing my photography, organizing my files. All operations went smoothly with this portable hard drive. I did not have any troubles at all. All three interfaces, which are USB 2.0, Firewire 400 and Firewire 800, work excellently.

Speed: I really love how quick this drive is. While testing, I transferred 50 GB of data, and it took me 27 minutes to complete. Moreover, Firewire gives you better response times for online data access.

Compatibility: The unit works well on Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X and older versions. I use this external hard drive with my Windows-based desktop and my Mac book. I have not had any problems regarding compatibility issue.

Appearance: It has nice design, and a scratch-resistant aluminum case is very strong and good for shock-absorbing. Additionally, it's small and light-weight. However, If the default was black or gray, it would be better than orange. This is my personnel opinion about its color.

Noise: With long hours use while testing, this unit still ran silently. I am impressed with this point.

Cons of LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire

Price: Its price is a bit higher than other hard drives manufactures based on a dollar per gigabyte basis.

Temperature: During testing, I found that it would get a little hot if it was being operated for long time. I recommend that you plug it into your computer when you need it and unplug it when you finish using it.

Summary of LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire

This drive is a great product for someone who wants a portable drive for backups or running any applications. It has a huge capacity of 500 GB so you can keep a lot of information. Its design looks good and it is very robust. However, it gets hot a little bit while using for long hours, and you need to pay extra for another color of a bumper. The premium price may be a little bit higher that other portable hard drive brands that have the same capacity, but it is worth money for people who need extra speed offered by fire wire connectivity.

How can you find a good deal on LaCie rugged 500gb Firewire?

You can buy it from electronic shopping centers or websites. Based on my personnel experience, I found that if you buy electronic equipment from online trusted stores, you always get very good prices. Additionally, you don't have to waste the time in several shopping malls in order to find the best offer. I would recommend you to buy from the internet.

You can find a price comparison list of LaCie rugged 500 GB Firewire by visiting the LaCie rugged 500GB Firewire website.

By: Shane Coleman
Seagate Expansion 250 GB ST902504EXA101-RK Review ViSalus Earn Money While Losing Weight Lose weight with Slim Weight Patch - Slim Weight Patch Review Making Money With CPA Offers - You Can Easily Do It Vitamix Reviews - Better Way Important Differences Of Canister, Upright And Backpack Vacuums Droid 2 Review Roundup: More of the same(and a Good Thing) Earning Extra Money Through PayPal The Complete and Honest Review of Zox Pro Penile Secrets Reviews And Testimonials Receivable Financing Factoring Is The 4th Way To Finance Your Company Nanacast Review Commission Formula by Alen Sultanic - Review of Phase 2
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.156.122) / Processed in 0.012177 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3524, 385,