Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Fences Tickets - A Spotlight On Denzel Washington's Role In Wilson's Show
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Fences Tickets - A Spotlight On Denzel Washington's Role In Wilson's Show

Fences Tickets - A Spotlight On Denzel Washington's Role In Wilson's Show

The first Broadway revival of "Fences" has recently opened to critical and commercial fame

. Previews began April 14 at the Cort Theatre starring Academy Award winner Denzel Washington and Tony Award winner Viola Davis, along with Kenny Leon of Broadway's "Radio Golf" and "A Raisin in the Sun" as director. As the first re-creation of this 1987 Pulitzer Prize/Tony Award-winning show, these talented Broadway residents have huge shoes to fill before the official late April premiere - don't miss this 21st Century version as it hits Broadway this season, with Fences tickets online.

Undoubtedly the star power of Washington is going to attract huge crowds, but that isn't why this silver screen star returned to Broadway after five years. Washington was first taken aback by the riveting drama the year it premiered, though it never occurred to him that he would eventually take on its leading role. "I didn't think, 'oh, one day I should play that part,'" he said to USA Today. Rather, the "classic American play" was something his family could relate to as it followed Troy Maxon, an uneducated sanitation worker and son of a sharecropper in the 1950s.

"My father was raised on a farm in Virginia, and he was uneducated like Troy," Washington continued. "I remember him talking about not having enough money." Though Washington lived another type of life, as he was the first round of black students bussed into white schools and he eventually attended college, the August Wilson story has always resonated in his life.

While Washington might be better known for his action roles of Hollywood, he opened his career in the Off-Broadway feature "A Soldier's Play," a role that earned him an Obie Award. Following a move to Los Angeles to pursue film, Washington has since starred in two Broadway shows - 1988's "Checkmates" and 2005's "Julius Caesar." He moved from the stage initially to keep a less hectic schedule, but now that his four children are grown he admits he'll be doing more. "This is my first love," he said on Fences' website. "This is what I love to do, and what I'll continue to do. I'll be back here as much as they'll allow me, for the rest of my career." Fences Tickets - A Spotlight On Denzel Washington's Role In Wilson's Show

The revival act isn't following in Wilson's original suit, as it has taken music from Broadway newcomer and composer Branford Marsalis. Though the Grammy winner has seen tons of critical acclaim, composing music for a Broadway show is a new method for the saxophonist, who said to Playbill, "What a dream come true to be making my 'Broadway debut' composing music for this new production of August Wilson's 'Fences.'" According to Playbill, in addition to Marsalis for the quick 13-week engagement, team members include Santo Santo Loquasto (set design), Constanza Romero (costume design), Brian MacDevitt (lighting design) and ACME Sound Partners (sound design).

The story was a huge hit when it first appeared on Broadway in the '80s, picking up four Tony Awards including Best Play. Washington's role was first conceptualized by James Earl Jones, who took the story following a Pittsburgh native who once dreamed of becoming a professional baseball player to new heights. Taking place over a timeline of 1957 to 1965, the story is one in a cycle of ten plays from Wilson's repertoire that discusses African-American life in the 20th century. Other Wilson plays include "Gem of the Ocean," "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom," "The Piano Lesson," "Seven Guitars," 'Two Trains Running," "Jitney," "King Hedley II" and "Radio Golf."

by: Pat Smith
Top 5 Wanted Christmas Gifts for 2010 Kerala Honeymoon Tour Package Timber Investment - You Forestry Investment Guide Pearl Jam Tickets - Pearl Jam Offsets Carbon Footprint From Tour With Trees Tour to Alexandria Sightseeing from Alexandria hotels, Alexandria daily trips Drake Tickets - Drake Announces Album Release Date At Tour Opener A Newbie's Full Guidelines To Traveler Planning To Experience On The Caribbean Journey Keith Urban Tickets - Keith Urban Has A Busy Spring And Summer Kings Of Leon Tickets - Touring For The Fourth Album, Writing The Fifth Passion Pit Tickets - Returning To U.s. For North American Jaunt Amazing Peacock Costumes For Halloween Nfl Tickets - Mcnabb To Washington A Big Surprise Phoenix Suns Playoff Tickets - Grant Hill Gets Another Shot At A Title
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.230.107) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.013018 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3747, 954,
Fences Tickets - A Spotlight On Denzel Washington's Role In Wilson's Show Copenhagen