Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Duracoat Firearms Finish Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Duracoat Firearms Finish Review

DuraCoat's unique combination of chemical and water resistance, adhesion and abrasion resistance, hardness and impact resistance are legendary. Available in a complete list of colors to create your favorite camouflage finish. Finish can be applied to ferrous metals, alloys, synthetics, woods and more. No preheating or baking required unless desired. DuraCoat eliminates the problems typically found with many other heat cure finishes: Preheating and handling of hot parts, high curing temperatures, "orange-peel" and other inconsistencies caused by surface cooling or solvent evaporation during curing. Can be used to create special effects like texturing and shadowing. The dry film thickness can be varied from .25 to 1.5 ml. Additives such as prisms and flakes can also be used. DuraCoat needs to be applied with an airbrush, conventional automotive spray gun, High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) system, or a Preval sprayer.

Technical Information

Notes:

Before DuraCoat is applied, firearm should be disassembled and cleaned thoroughly with a high quality degreaser.

DuraCoat can be applied on bare metals, plastics, synthetics, and wood.

DuraCoat has to be applied with an airbrush, conventional automotive spray gun, or an HVLP system.

Finish will be resistant to most lubricants, cutting oils, and bore solvents.

Finish can either air or oven dry.

Includes hardener

Buy Duracoat at: Craigslist for Guns

What is DuraCoat? DuraCoat is "The Finest Firearm Finish on the Planet" according to the brochure and after using it I'm in no position to argue. DuraCoat is ideal for use on all parts of a firearm, including ferrous metals, alloys, synthetics and wood. It has an unlimited color range and is resistant to lubricants, cutting oils, and bore solvents while having excellent physical and chemical performance. DuraCoat also has excellent water, chemical, impact, mar, and abrasion resistance with great hardness and adhesion. Yes, DuraCoat works on bows as well. (Web Site: www.lauerweaponry.com)

DuraCoat comes in 75 color choices from Woodland Tan all the way through Lime! Yes, Lime! They also carry 20 CamoPaks with Peel'N Spray Templates or camouflage kits for your weapons. Ranging from snow to digital desert camouflage, you can find anything you may need. If you haven't yet been to their website, take a moment and see the kits for yourself. They truly turn your weapon into a work of art when completed.

DuraCoat sent me their Wilderness MirageFlage Camopak about two weeks ago for my evaluation. Having never used an airbrush before and possessing the artistic equivalent of a turnip, I was pretty curious as to how this one would turn out.Believe me, if I can finish this project, so can you. Everything is fairly self explanatory if you think about them, but even a quick reference guide telling you how much hardener to add to 1oz of color would save the customer some time. It is a project and it takes time and patience. Great winter project!
Hostmonster Review Cnet Hostmonster Review Tim Erway Review Renegade Recipe Guide Review Fbf System Review Magul: PMAG Review Make Money At Bingo Halls Fiscal Cents: Overview of 2011 Your Astrological Financial Outlook Scarpe Desmazieres Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y560d with 3D review spec and price Buying Cheap Glasses Saves Your Money The Scarpe Desmazieres Review Stop Foreclosure Option - Review All Possible Options First
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.143.4.181) / Processed in 0.005381 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3157, 385,