Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Magul: PMAG Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Magul: PMAG Review

The Magpul PMAG is an AR-15 (and M-16) compatible magazine that has become my magazine of choice. Unlike most AR-15 magazines, it is made of polymer instead of metal. This results in a lighter weight, corrosion resistant magazine that is still exceptionally strong and durable more durable than the factory magazine that came with my AR15. The main body of the PMAG is made from a single piece of molded polymer, further enhancing structural strength and preventing any snag points that might catch the follower or cause feeding problems. The polymer used to construct the PMAG is resistant to heat, as well as gun cleaning solvents. The floor plate is removable for easy cleaning, and replacement of the spring, should the need ever arise. A plastic cover is provided so that magazines can be stored loaded for long periods of time, without putting stress on the feed lips. A catch notch, rather than the hole used by most AR-15 magazines, the PMAG uses a catch notch, which means there is one few way for dirt and debris to make their way into the magazine.

The standard PMAG has no window, but the MagLevel PMAG has a plastic window on the side showing how many rounds are in the magazine. Magpul says that this version of the PMAG is just as durable. The PMAG comes in black, flat dark earth, and foliage green for those who like color choices. 30 and 20 round versions are available, with more options coming soon. For me, the standard black 30 round PMAGs work just fine, and those are what I've bought.

One of the nicest things about the PMAG is the anti-tilt follower. It makes loading quite easy, as does the textured surface of the magazine. Unlike with cheap AR-15 magazines, I've yet to find a rough edge or other manufacturing flaw with the PMAG.

I haven't had any problems while using the PMAG. While I don't run my PMAGs over with my vehicle, the people in the video below did. The result was that the PMAG survived being run over and otherwise abused by a pickup truck, while many other magazines failed. Although I'm very gentle with my magazines, I suppose it is good to know that I could run them over with a Hummer and still use them.

Locate PMAGs: Craigslist for guns

Magpul: www.magpul.com

I have used these magazines on the range and in training classes extensively and have found them to be sturdy and reliable. Additionally, the base plates are much wider that the magazine body; this causes some minor difficulty when doing "L" type tactical/retention reloads. They seem to resist heat well, as I have loaded them into very hot weapons and have not had any warping, melting or sticking problems. Since theMagpul magazines are polymer they are corrosion resistant and do not tend to dent. The followers are designed well and do not bind or tilt.Additionally, the magazines can actually be loaded with thirty rounds and still be seated into the magazine well with the bolt closed. The magazines come with pretty cool dust covers that snap into place over the lips and provide protection from the elements as well as assist in maintaining the integrity of the magazine body when storing loaded magazines.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the product and have purchased several of them for my own use. They sell for about $15 most places that you find them and they are certainly worth the money.
Make Money At Bingo Halls Fiscal Cents: Overview of 2011 Your Astrological Financial Outlook Scarpe Desmazieres Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y560d with 3D review spec and price Buying Cheap Glasses Saves Your Money The Scarpe Desmazieres Review Stop Foreclosure Option - Review All Possible Options First Eye secrets review is flooding with infinite positive reviews Wireless Router Reviews Can Help You Skechers Shape Ups Reviews How To Prepare For The Next Recession Know The Real Score Now, Without Extenze Review, We're Toast! How to Save Big Money on Your Next Rehab
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.45.253) / Processed in 0.010865 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3467, 385,