Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Day Trips From Raleigh, Nc - Daytripping On The Tax-free Weekend
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Day Trips From Raleigh, Nc - Daytripping On The Tax-free Weekend

We're back on the road from Raleigh-Durham as my "day tripping" series continues

into the "Tax Free Weekend." Since this weekend is already going to be a money-saver, let's go for a ride and buy some of the things we need at one of North Carolina premiere savings spots, Smithfield, NC, and save some even bigger bucks.

Smithfield is just 28 miles east of Raleigh and is one of the ten oldest towns in the state. It's also a hot-spot stop for folks looking for a bargain, whether they're from the Carolinas or making an east coast trek up and down I-95. There's something for everyone at the Carolina Premium Outlets of Smithfield and while the discounts can be deep, the savings can be even greater this weekend. There are 90 outlet retailers, including Banana Republic, Bose, Geoffrey Beene, Lane Bryant, Brooks Brothers, Bass, Carolina Pottery, Eddie Bauer, Gap, Reebok and Nike. The outlet center Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm and on Sunday from 10am to 6pm.

North Carolina's annual tax holiday on items such as clothing and school supplies starts Friday August 7 and continues through Sunday. There will be no sales tax on many items including clothing, footwear and school supplies of $100 or less per item, sporting goods of $50 or less per item, computers less than $3,500 and computer supplies under $250. While the original intent of the tax-free event was to save parents money on back to school items, even if you don't have a child in school, you still get the savings and there are several items you can buy tax free that you may not have considered. If you're a boater, live jackets under $50 qualify. Ski boots under $50 are sales tax free this weekend as well as Halloween costumes under $100. For a complete list of items, go to www.FreemanDavisHomeTeam.com/tax free.

From the Triangle, you'll want to go to Smithfield via US 70 because no NC day trip would be complete without something good to eat. Highway 70 east is also known as the "barbeque highway," cooking up some of the best in the state. One of my favorite stops in the Smithfield area, and they also have several other locations including Benson and Atlantic Beach, is White Swan Barbecue And Fried Chicken, online at www.whiteswanbarbeque.com. Day Trips From Raleigh, Nc - Daytripping On The Tax-free Weekend

Made from a 50 year old secret recipe, White Swan Barbecue has been voted one of the top 25 barbecues in the Southeast. The pork is slowly cooked in a covered cooker which holds in the smoked flavor; the meat is then chopped, ready to eat. Great on sandwiches in a hamburger bun with cold slaw or by itself, there is no other barbecue like it. Before you head east on your shopping and eating expedition, "Google" the locations for White Swan and find the one that will be most convenient for your trip. This will also help you find this BBQ haven since White Swan's tend to be co-located in convenience stores. I know what you're thinking (Barbecue in a convenience store? What am I going to wash it down with, a Slurpee?) but, Bob Garner brags about the White Swan's barbecue in his book, "North Carolina Barbecue: Flavored By Time," and it's the 11th time winner of the Smithfield Herald Readers' Choice Award for "Best Barbecue in Johnston County." So, take my word, get a barbecue plate, fill your tank (yes, the carthis is "convenience') and splurge on the beverage with an X-Large sweet tea.

If you have the time, while in Smithfield, visit the Ava Gardner Museum, an incredible collection of childhood memorabilia, film clips and awards that represent Ava's 50-year career as a leading Hollywood actress; check out their website at www.AvaGardner.org.

And not too far away is the Hinnant Family Vineyards and Winery, the largest muscadine vineyard in the state with over 75 sprawling acres; visit www.HinnantVineyards.com Day Trips From Raleigh, Nc - Daytripping On The Tax-free Weekend

for more details.

There are many great places to see in and around the Triangle area. In addition to Raleigh homes for sale, you can get local information and current events anytime on my Raleigh real estate website, www.HomeSearchRALEIGH.com.

So where will our next day trip take us? Good questionI'll think about it after once I'm finished with this BBQ Pork and White Chicken Combo.

by: Rick Freeman
Travel Tips For Summer On budget in Paris Imagine A Luxury Life On The Tulum Beachfront, At A Reduced Price! Cheap Holidays To Los Angeles - Great For Those With Expensive Tastes Island Hopping In A Hawaiian Paradise Hiking Intensive Rafting Trips Through The Grand Canyon Playa Del Carmen Villas - How Can You Tell If It's Good Deal? Raksha Bandhan The Indian Festival Redondo Beach Foreclosures and What You Want to Understand About Them Tip 4 Money Saving Travel Tips Learning And Discovering In Washington Dc Destinations For City Breaks In Europe Looking For Franchise Opportunities
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.203.85) / Processed in 0.006013 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 4819, 954,