Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » David Archuleta - David Archuleta Preps 'fun' Sophomore Album
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

David Archuleta - David Archuleta Preps 'fun' Sophomore Album

David Archuleta - David Archuleta Preps 'fun' Sophomore Album

Although David Cook may have won Season 7 of American Idol

, another David, David Archuleta, has been causing quite a stir in the aftermath of the popular Fox reality show. Post-Idol, Archuleta inked a record deal with Jive Records and released the No. 1 single "Crush" before his eponymous debut album arrived in 2008. Archuleta is in the midst of creating the follow-up to David Archuleta, although there is no official release date for his sophomore album.

In a recent interview with MTV News, Archuleta revealed that he wants to take more creative control on his upcoming sophomore set, saying, "I'm hoping that at least some of the songs I've written this time around will be able to make it on to the record. "Archuleta continued to explain that while fans can expect a similarly pop-y sound on his next album, he would rather release a batch of songs that reveal something about himself as an artist and offer a way to connect with fans than have an album packed with No. 1 songs.

Although Archuleta's upcoming album will have one foot firmly planted in pop, he did hint to MTV News that it will dip into other genres, as well. About his desire to not be pigeonholed in one genre, Archuleta said of his hopes for the new record: "You can't say, 'Oh, that's not a David song.' It's like, Well, yeah it is because it's my story and I wrote about it and it's coming out of me!" The 19-year-old recently spent a week working on what he describes as "fun music" with Joy Williams, Matt Wertz and Mat Kearny producer Robert Marvin in Nashville.

After the studio sessions, Marvin tweeted two track titles which will likely appear on Archuleta's next album: "Falling Awake" and "Sooner or Later." Archuleta has also recently clocked some studio time in New York with songwriter/producer Jeymes Samuel, who has worked with an eclectic group of artists like Gorillaz, KT Tunstall and Mr. Hudson in the past. David Archuleta - David Archuleta Preps 'fun' Sophomore Album

David Archuleta grew up alongside four siblings in Utah and began performing at the ripe age of six, much to the delight of his jazz trumpeter father and Honduran salsa singer mother. It was Archuleta's father who created quite a stir during his song's stint on American Idol due to his constant presence, but David was the youngest contestant on the show. Although David Cook walked away with the grand prize, David Archuleta impressed audiences with his renditions of John Lennon's "Imagine," among other performances.

After signing with Jive, Archuleta's career took off running. His self-titled debut album arrived in November 2008 and spawned a pair of popular singles, "Crush" and "Angels." David Archuleta peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart and "Crush" was the highest-ever debut for an American Idol song not performed on the series and also the highest entry of 2008. Although Archuleta has a tough act to follow on his sophomore album, he is undoubtedly up for the challenge. Check out David Archuleta tickets before they sell out.

by: Brent Warnken
Can't Get Over My Ex Wife - I'm Getting Emotional Getting Over Broken Heart - I'm Getting Emotional Why Pat Robertson doesn't speak for the devil Chiropractor In Fargo Nd | Bone Injuries: Compound And Simple Fractures Runtime "Pure" Errors - Act Fast On This ! Forex! Find Out If It's The Right Market For You! Andrea Bocelli Tickets - It's Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas Monsters Of Folk Tickets - Monsters Of Folk: Indie Rock's Finest Recognise 'the Force' And Trade The Trend Keywords Are The "Key" To Targeted Traffic Special Birthday's: 21st Birthday Gifts For A Son Or Daughter Slow PC Performance? See How I Easily & Quickly Boosted My PC Speed Without the Headaches! Burn Abdominal Fat Off In 2 Weeks - The Best Diet to Naturally Get a Flat Midsection Fast & Easy!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.132.214) Texas / Lubbock Processed in 0.006058 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3114, 952,
David Archuleta - David Archuleta Preps 'fun' Sophomore Album Lubbock