Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Callaway Diablo Forged Irons Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Callaway Diablo Forged Irons Review

WORTH THE WAIT

I really had no idea how hard it would be to get ahold of more than just a demo 6 iron. I tried the Diablo Edge clubs a couple of months ago, but Callaway really took their time getting these from the drawing boardto the production line. Until recently, even major golf retailers, and magazine testers had a hard time getting ahold of anything more than a standard issue 6 Iron to demo. It proved to be well worth the wait. Here's why better playersmeaning at least Lower Mid-Cappers need to give these a try. Callaway has truly fashioned a game improvement club for the better player.

LOOKS and FEELNow when referring to looks, I am not talking about the red paint and all the other fancy trappings and engravings Callaway seems to be pouring into this entire line of clubs. In this case I'm referring to the fact that Callaway has gotten pretty close to the absolute finest of linesbetween Game Improvement and Better Players Clubs. While these aren't "blades" by any stretch, as far as Game Improvement Clubs go, these are darned close. The top line is pretty darned thin, and the soles are narrower too. The offset is minimal, and there's no portruding anything on the back end at address. If you want the full effect, you can even have a steel shafteven though it is uniflex.

The feel is neither game improvement nor better players, but the actual hybrid I believe Callaway was attempting to achieve. The 1020 Carbon Steel cradle helps provide the smooth and almost buttery part of the impact. The face, however, is far from that clingy buttery forged 1020 feel. That's because it's a red hot version of the 455 Carpenter Steel Alloy that's been welded to the cradle. The ball "POPS" off of this face, but the Carbon Steel Cradle actually transfers the buttery portion of the impact even though there is no actual "Cling" of ball to club face. It's a very different feel altogetherbut Ireally enjoyedit. It's as if you could take 1/2 the buttery feel of a Mizuno, and somehow add a dash of "Yonex" Titanium pop. Very cool stuff this.

BALANCENo there was no Zen-Like balance on the steel shafts. Oddly enoughthe graphite shafted clubs felt better balanced to me. I think it's as ifCallaway was leaning towards a Graphite Shaft pre-production. The steel shaft is quite good mind you, it's a Nippon! Even so, the graphite shaft version wasthe one where club head awareness was apparent throughout the entire swing. These aren't the absolute best balanced irons I've ever hit, but they are the best balanced Callaways. They are also way up there on the scale of this year's offerings from all makers.

DISTANCEUp until now, I thought the TaylorMade R-9's were the longest hitting clubs in the game improvement category. If you catch one of these on the screws, however, they are the longest. The R-9 irons are easier to hit, so for mid-high mid cappers such as myself, the AVERAGE distance of the TaylorMades was longer. Forbetter playersLow-Mid Cappers to Scratch, where miss hits are the rare exceptionthese will probably be the longer iron Average or otherwise.

TECHS and SPECSTrue to game improvement irons, the lofts are slightly strong on these, even though the offset remains minimal.

3I=20*

4I=22.5*

5I=25*

6I=28*

7I=31*

8I=35*

9I=40*

PW=45*

AW=51*

SW=56*

The graphite shafts come in

Lite Flex@ 61-68 Grams

Reg Flex@ 72-79 Grams

Stiff Flex@ 72-79 Grams

They all feature a middling torque rating and mid level kick points.

The steel shafts are Uniflex Nippons at 110 grams. They feature a low torque rating (relative to uniflex of course) and a mid kick point.

OVERALLI'm giving these a full 5 stars, but just barely. If they were just a couple of hundred cheaper, I'd be droning on and on about how 5 stars isn't enough and all that rot. In the meantime, they deserve the 5 stars despite their price for several reasons. Callaway has truly taken the time to literally"forge a club" for the lower mid-capper to scratch player who has a repeatable swing, but needs a touch of forgiveness and more distance than what is available from just a standard forged club. There was a lot of high tech metallurgy involved in pulling off a forged cradle and a 455 Caprenter Steel Face, and maintaining the optimum feel of both. Callaway took the high road, and went in a new direction rather than just playing it safe with yet another "Big Bertha" or "X-Forged" set. KUDOS!

Recommended Products:

Callaway Diablo Edge Irons

Callaway X-24 Hot Irons

Callaway Diablo Forged Irons Review

By: manning
Callaway Diablo Edge Irons Review Gov-resources Reviewed Usage of Vacuum Bag Sealers The Money Merge Account When to Borrow Money Review Of Zoom Teeth Whitening Many Nurses Make Good Money Today Make Money Selling Pepper Sprays! Make Lots Of Money Selling Pepper Sprays! Schwinn Excursion Men's Hybrid Bike (700c Wheels) Review Specialization In Finance Is Most Desired Amongst MBA Students! Htc Wildfire Contract-Making the best Use of Your Money Gynexin Reviews - Review of Gynexin Alpha Formula Tvi Express Guide - The Most Important Tvi Express Review You Might Ever Read
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.188.138) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.007967 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 56 , 5470, 385,
Callaway Diablo Forged Irons Review Vairano Patenora