Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Runtime Errors Don't Have to Ruin Your Day
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Runtime Errors Don't Have to Ruin Your Day

Author: Carl Haugen

Troubleshooting problems on your computer isn't as hard as some people may make it out to be. In fact, with just a few tools in your toolbox you can tackle most problems that affect your system. To protect your computer and keep your system running great you need to have the original software you've installed on your computer available, good security software including both an antivirus and an antispyware program, and a registry cleaner. With these tools, you can solve the vast majority of runtime errors you may come across and get your system going again.

What is a Runtime Error?

A runtime error happens when you are running your software, as opposed to happening on system startup or shutdown, or occurring when your system is idle. You can use these steps to figure out any type of error, but runtime errors are the most common and usually easier to deal with.Runtime Errors Don't Have to Ruin Your Day

Find the Error

The first step is to find the error. You need to know what program caused the issue. Before you do anything else, write down any error codes you see. If you look the codes up, sometimes you will get useful information. Think about what programs are running on your computer. For instance, you may get an error while you are typing an e-mail. In that case, your e-mail program is open. You should also have an antivirus program running. Check in your taskbar to see what else is open when the error happened. Try to repeat the error if possible, so you are certain what program caused it. Close the other programs that are running and see if the problem still happens.

WARNING: If you shut down your antivirus software, be very careful what you do online while it is turned off!

Restart Your Computer

The next step is to reboot your computer. Some programs have information that stays in your system memory and can cause problems. When you restart your computer, that information is removed and you start fresh. Always try rebooting before you call anyone for help. The first question any tech person will ask is whether you've turned the system off and on again.

Reinstall the Problem Program

If you were able to determine which program has the problem, and rebooting didn't solve it, you may need to reinstall the program. First uninstall the program using the add/remove option in Windows. Also remove any plug-ins or add-ons. Then do a fresh reinstallation of the program from the original files. If the error doesn't happen again, try reinstalling any patches or add-ons. If a patch or add-on causes the problem, you need to contact the developer of the program.

Clean the Registry Database

If you were not able to figure out which program caused the error, or reinstalling the offending program didn't work, then you need to clean your registry. The registry is just a big database that tracks everything installed on Windows, but mistakes in the registry can cause runtime errors. Use a registry cleaner to check for and fix any problems.

Check for Viruses

The final step you can do yourself is to check for malware that may be installed on your computer. Run your security software, both an antivirus and antispyware, and see if they catch anything. If not, you may need to take your computer to a professional to be fixed.About the Author:

Run a free RegZooka scan now at http://www.regzooka.com and be on your way to getting rid of registry errors for good!
Error Codes Aren't the End of the World See What Australia Has To Offer On Your Motorcycle Getting Your Ex Back - Don't Take the Blame For the Break Up Embracing Your "Bad" Habits When "Trying" to Get Your Ex Back Isn't Working How to Get Your Ex Back? You Don't Have to Be a Sad, Sad Song! How Do I Get Over My Ex's Cheating And Be A Man I Can't Get Over My Exwho Cheated How To Get Over Being Dumped Who Doesn't Like You I Can't Get Over Her Waited Too Long I Can't Get Over Her Even If It's Hard Tummy Tuck: Don't Confuse Stomach Stapling With A Tummy Tuck Can't Get Over My Husband's Past
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.136.18.48) / Processed in 0.005700 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3713, 952,