Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Error Codes Aren't the End of the World
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Error Codes Aren't the End of the World

Author: Carl Haugen

When you get error codes on your system, sometimes the first instinct is to panic. Don't panic. As long as the system is still running, the problem can be fixed. And usually with a lot less fuss than you might expect. There are a few steps to take when you see error codes, and you can often troubleshoot your way out of the problem.

What Does the Error Tell You?

The first thing to look for is information. What does the error code tell you? Does it give any useful clues that will lead you to the software or hardware causing the problem? A lot of error codes are just numbers, but most will have a short summary statement. Doing a web search on the number and statement will often yield more data on what caused the problem that can be used to fix it.Error Codes Aren't the End of the World

Repeat the Error to Solve It

If the error codes are not useful, then you need to look at what you were doing when the problem happened. What programs did you have running, and is it more likely that one of them caused the error than the others? Try shutting down extra programs and repeating your actions to see if the problem happens again. Repeating an error can help you figure out what is causing it, and that can help solve it.

When in Doubt, Reboot Your Computer!

At this point, even if you know which program caused the problem, you should restart your computer. When you run your software, each program puts information into your computer's memory. Sometimes that information overstays its required time in memory, and that causes the problem. Very often, a reboot of your computer will completely solve any issues you are having. When you call up a help desk, the very first thing they will usually ask you to do is restart your system. If the problem still happens after you reboot your computer, then you may have a slightly more serious issue to deal with.

Reinstall Troubled Programs

If you have managed to figure out what program caused your error, the next step is to reinstall the program. A fresh install will fix many problems that occur if a program has written incorrect data to the registry. The registry tracks the files and settings on your computer, so incorrect information can break your programs. If the reinstallation helped, try adding all patches and plug-ins, one at a time, and make sure it isn't one of them that breaks the software. If it is, you may need to contact the developers of the program to get help.

Clean Your Registry

If reinstalling does not help or you were unable to determine what program caused the error, you should clean your registry. The registry has a lot of entries in it that control many aspects of Windows, so cleaning it regularly is a good idea anyway. But when you get errors, the problem can often be a registry issue. Find a good registry cleaner and run it. Some registry cleaners will even fix problems beyond the registry, helping you even more.

If Nothing Works

Now you've gone through all the steps, if your system still needs help then it's time to call in the big guns. Run your security software, both an anti-virus and an anti-spyware program. If you cannot find an infection that may be causing the errors, then you may need to hire a professional to check into your error.About the Author:

Run a free RegZooka scan now at http://www.regzooka.com and be on your way to getting rid of registry errors for good!
See What Australia Has To Offer On Your Motorcycle Getting Your Ex Back - Don't Take the Blame For the Break Up Embracing Your "Bad" Habits When "Trying" to Get Your Ex Back Isn't Working How to Get Your Ex Back? You Don't Have to Be a Sad, Sad Song! How Do I Get Over My Ex's Cheating And Be A Man I Can't Get Over My Exwho Cheated How To Get Over Being Dumped Who Doesn't Like You I Can't Get Over Her Waited Too Long I Can't Get Over Her Even If It's Hard Tummy Tuck: Don't Confuse Stomach Stapling With A Tummy Tuck Can't Get Over My Husband's Past How Do You Get Over Hereven If It's Hard
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.8.42) / Processed in 0.007238 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3685, 952,