Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Why don't children play outside anymore?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why don't children play outside anymore?

Children don't seem to play outside anymore. I understand that some parents are worried about safety but you never see children even playing in their own gardens. It seems such a shame. They only seem to be interested in computer games. I have two step-sons and they are the perfect example. They always sit inside, even on beautiful sunny days.

When I was young, I was never inside. I wanted to play out in the rain and even in the dark. My mum had a rule that we had to come home when the street lights came on. We played on our bikes and "hopscotch" or tag" but the best games were the ones we made up ourselves.

There were three main games. "Lamp-post to lamp-post", "Kerby" and the best of all "Polio". Lamp-post to lamp-post was a chasing game. You had to run between lamp-posts without being caught. Kerby was also very popular. This involved throwing a football from one side of the road to the other. The aim was to make it bounce on the opposite kerb. There was a very intricate points system but I cannot remember all the details.

Our favourite game was Polio. It involved writing down the names of your favourite items. For example, favourite cars. I always picked http://www.hodgsons-newcastle.co.uk/">Used Suzuki Newcastle Suzuki. You would write down the name on a slip of paper and place it in a hat. Two slips were then pulled out of the hat and those two people would have a running race. I never won.

They were great days and I remember them fondly. I have made a vow that when I have children, I will make sure they play outside. I might even give them the rules to Polio!

When I was young, I was never inside. I wanted to play out in the rain and even in the dark. My mum had a rule that we had to come home when the street lights came on. We played on our bikes and "hopscotch" or tag" but the best games were the ones we made up ourselves.

There were three main games. "Lamp-post to lamp-post", "Kerby" and the best of all "Polio". Lamp-post to lamp-post was a chasing game. You had to run between lamp-posts without being caught. Kerby was also very popular. This involved throwing a football from one side of the road to the other. The aim was to make it bounce on the opposite kerb. There was a very intricate points system but I cannot remember all the details.
Treat Your Kids with Cupcake Recipes Online Help Your Kids Stop Smoking Children Anger Management Tips Why a child Should Learn to Read Early Teens: How to earn money Recycling Too many spoilt children Teach your Children Theater Techniques through Creative Play Toys How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby Naturally - Gender Selection Methods to Help You Conceive a Boy or a Girl Childhood Teddy Bears Child Abuse Rises in Bad Economy Sexting among Teens in Arizona Arizona Ruling Clarifies Legal Requirements for Same-Sex Couple Child Visitation Bedwetting A common problem of children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.221.163) / Processed in 0.011795 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2419, 956,