Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Why Iron Man's Success Was A Surprise
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Iron Man's Success Was A Surprise

Why Iron Man's Success Was A Surprise

When Iron Man came out around a year or two ago

, it was a surprise hit. Many people thought the movie would be a flop. After-all, Iron Man was not exactly Spiderman, Superman or Batman, the big three in the comic world who play well for audiences.

Not to mention the fact that Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. was not exactly an actor we've heard much from lately. I mean sure, he'd done a trio of movies back in 2007, but none of them had made it big so that's why it was such a pleasant surprise to see Downey make a huge comeback and to see how audiences absolutely loved his performance.

With many superhero movies, you don't get down into the depths of a character. You don't feel like you know them, and in fact that mask that they wear, whatever it happens be, be it a bats ears or a pair of eyeglasses, tends to mask them as people too.

With "Iron Man," you get a feeling like you're looking deeper into the soul of the character and I think that's what made it such a unique and fun movie. You get the feeling for example of what it's like to actually be in a real company, in this case, Stark Industries and to see what it takes to run the company (and I'm not talking here about George Costanza coming up with one liners and then leaving the room - this is the real deal). Why Iron Man's Success Was A Surprise

Take the character of Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), Stark's secretary for example and Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges), Stark's partner. They don't feel like they were just created out of thin air and that they are cardboard setups there to play a role. They feel like they have depth and like they've worked together.

A lot of that special feeling comes simply from the way that Downey, Paltrow and Bridges just seem to mesh together so well. They are special in Iron Man and it shows through, making the movie more than just an action hero story.

They have relationships that are fully formed, as if (like any good writer), the screen writers knew a lot more about their characters than they told us on the screen and were able to offer us enough for us to see that they know without leaving us feeling like there are holes in our knowledge.

And then of course there is the Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr. who portrays his character in a way that belies the typical super hero genre. Downey's Tony Stark is downright irreverent, quirky and self-deprecating.

Even wearing the suit of armor that makes him the Iron Man, he still acts like a real person and that is so refreshing compared to our more typical super heroes.

by: Richard Cunningham
Britney Spears' Flat Stomach Cruising To Antarctica Activities - There's Something For Everyone When Workouts Go Wrong Aerobics And Injuries Can't Get Over A Bitchof Many Months Get Over My Bitch Even If It's Hard Can't Get Over A Bitch And Bitchy Too How Can I Know If I'll Like The Results From My Liposuction? Having A Failure Or A Setback Isn't Going To Affect The Outcome At All I Can't Get Over Her Today How The Benchtop Autoclave Makes A Big Impression The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking I'm Not Over My Bitch And Be Strong Breitling Replica Watches –The Best Valentine's Day Gifts
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.243.194) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.011988 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2698, 952,
Why Iron Man's Success Was A Surprise Seattle