Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking

The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking

If you are just starting to attend networking events

, you might not know where to start or how to plan. Here are some general basic dos and don'ts when it comes to networking:

DOS:

1. Look the part. Dress professional and not to casual. You do not want your appearance to negatively impact a company's impression of you.

2. Know some facts about the people and or companies attending the event. What industries will be attending and what it is that they do.The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking

3. Bring plenty of business cards. It is much better to have too many than run out.

4. Have tepid expectations and do not be disappointed in the results. Not all events will bring the results that you are hoping for.

5. Have patience. Remember, a networking event is the first step in creating a long lasting relationship. Instant results on the spot are very rare.

6. Be helpful to others. Even if the event does not have much of a benefit to you, try to help others, as it will make you and your company look good.

7. Introduce yourself to the host of the event. Thank them for having you and find out how to be included at future events.

8. Be prompt in your follow-up conversation. Whether it is an email or phone call, try to make the connection within a couple of days, so you will be fresh in the mind of the person you are calling or writing.

9. Find a mentor to go with you if the event will be your first. Learn from someone who networks regularly.

10. Have fun! It is ok to be nervous walking into a room full of strangers, but smile and relax!

DON'TS

1. Avoid dressing too casual or too formal. Business professional is recommended.

2. Do not try to meet everyone at the event. Focus on a few people, but concentrate on spending a good amount of quality time with them.

3. Coming across as too aggressive is a negative. Be casual when starting a conversation.

4. While it is ok to attend with a fellow associate or friend, avoid staying in a large group. Stand out by yourself.

5. Watch your volume. It is easy to become animated and loud, but you do not want to have people stare at you due to your volume.

6. Watch the time! Do be respectful of taking up too much time. Thank them for their time and schedule up a more formal meeting.

7. Don't try to do it all! Be strategic on what you are going after.

8. Stay away from being insincere. Compliments are nice, but avoid over doing it.

9. Be careful of over thinking too much. Be prepared, but do not become discouraged if you forgot to say something. Keep talking and do not stress about what you wish you said earlier.

10. Avoid being too casual in your conversations. Assume it is an interview and everything you say or do is being noted. Do not let your guard down and become too casual.

by: Stephen Kelly
I'm Not Over My Bitch And Be Strong Breitling Replica Watches –The Best Valentine's Day Gifts I'm Not Over My Bitchof Many Months I'm Not Over My Bitch Quickly Keep Those Belts Tightened: The Job Market Isn't Getting Better Can't Get Over A Bitch Fast Yaowarat: Bangkok's Colourful Chinatown Ways To Get Over Her Who Doesn't Like You I'm Not Over My Bitch And Bitchy Too Can You Get Her Back Who Doesn't Like You How To Create A Little "me" Time I Can't Get Over My Ex Today Backpackers Checklist - Don't Forget A Netbook!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.129.100) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.011231 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 2971, 952,
The Dos And Don'ts Of Networking Vairano Patenora