Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Tournaments/ Why NOT SUPPORT THEM
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tournaments/ Why NOT SUPPORT THEM

Ask martial art instructors and students about entering point tournament competition, and you will get a variety of answers and opinions. Some of the reasons for not entering are, our school only trains for self defense, the judging or rules are not fair, politics are involved. I respect their opinion, I realise there are many martial arts and styles in the world, with different philosophies toward point competition.

I believe competition is good, and point tournaments are not about being the toughest person on the block. We compete every day be it in school to get the best grades, or at work for a possible promotion. So why not enter a tournament and show your family and friends what you have accomplished through training in the martial arts.

I recently attended a few tournaments in Orlando, Florida The tournaments were well run . I realise not everyone can go home with a trophy, but the good memories will last a lifetime. Friendships were formed, among competitors. Master and senior instructors were acknowledged and respected. Families and competitors were from all over the world, on vacation and having fun. I myself had the privilege to meet and speak with my martial art heroes. This would not have been possible, had I not attended the tournament.

Not everyone who attends the tournaments, has to compete in point fighting. Competitors can compete in kata(forms) competition, weapon competition ,self defense, martial arts demonstrations. Judges, scorekeepers, timekeepers and coordinators are much needed and there to assist with the success of the tournaments.

Having said all this, I believe we should support point tournaments. The positive out weighs the negative. They allow students to compete They offer competitors a way to network. Tournament competitors, can compete and learn the differences and similarities of the martial arts.

I would like to see point tournaments continue to flourish for this and future generations.
What Is A Franchise Agreement? Maintaining the Christmas Spirit Will there be a PVR under your Christmas tree this year? Marsa Alam Tours, Excursions, Trips, Marsa Alam Excursion list Turkey Holidays for the Best European Nightlife French Kissing Doesn'T Have To Be Difficult Golden Triangle with Shimla – Get Incredible Charm and Enjoy the Trip Flag Poles and Banners - Bonnie Blue How to Make Comparison of Two Kinds of Goods Reviews or More? Convenient Saunas that Pack Relaxation Christmas Holiday Destination and Deals - Useful information Butchart Gardens Victoria - Paradise on Earth Colorful Rajasthan Tour: Cherish Your Memorable Days with Rajasthan Tour
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.61.115) / Processed in 0.006054 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2053, 954,