Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » The Curious Craze of Calling Cards for Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Curious Craze of Calling Cards for Children

At first it seems like a preposterous notion. Whatever happened to the days when you bumped in to little Johnny's mum or Gran at the school gates and she happily agreed that your grandchild could bring Johnny round to yours for tea anytime he fancied, while she meantime reminded the child to mind his manners when he was about it?Gone, baby gone...These days kids come with their own calling cards. Prick up your ears now granny if you want to stick in with the A list 'cos these kiddie play date cards are about to be all the rage - yes even down your way.When I was a child, the neighbourhood kids all played out together all day, outside and inside the various homes of different children and their relatives. Everyone knew all of the other children; in fact as there was less migration for work in those far off times, most people were at least distantly related in some way.But now the little visitors that your grandchildren bring to your home could come from across town and have working mums who are way off the scene. They may also not just be popping around for tea after school but sticking around for a sleepover party with your grandkids at your place.In this situation, play date cards can be viewed as a bit of a godsend rather than an affectation of affluent parents with more money than sense. The kiddie cards are just like business calling cards with a bit of useful info about the child printed on the back. (The child's photo or drawing can take pride of place on the front) Details such as allergies, favourite foods, games and essential info, such as advice that the child is unable to swim and guardian contact details can come in handy or even be life saving in the event of an emergency.Some grannies are totally up in arms about the idea, seeing the cards as yummy mummy control freakery gone mad, but I'm more laid back. After all, I don't want my grandkids friends suddenly popping their clogs on my watch due to a peanut allergy because I was unaware of the situation.I'd also rather know if little Johnny upchucks every time he's served with an egg for example, as it makes my life easier, as does a bit of forward knowledge on favourite games. I can't be the first grandparent who's found myself slaving away at some supposedly jolly child friendly activity alone whilst the kids have long since lost interest and gone off back to their preferred games.Bring on the kiddie calling cards I say...and if you end up with a particularly irritating little visitor who needs firm handling - then you just need to refer to the back of his card where you will find his particular Achilles heel writ large. Very handy indeed,
A Pokey "Ex" Could End Up in The "Pokey" If They Refuse To Bring Your Kids Back On Time The V Reader Animated Book – Will It Help Your Kids' Reading Ability? Ways to control Child Obesity Through Proper Diet Biggest Selling Toys This Xmas Moving With Children Sensitively Making Fun Paper Crafts With Children The Importance Of Kids Pretend Play When to Conceive a Boy Baby: The Optimal Time To Get Pregnant With A Son Street Children of Dhaka, Capital of Bangladesh Anxiety & Panic Attacks in Children Huffy Green Machine: Perfect For The Kids Pregnancy and "Nesting" with 6 kids Tips On Picking Out Children's Dance Shoes
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.154.151) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.008659 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 2760, 956,
The Curious Craze of Calling Cards for Children Amsterdam