Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Change in Climate in Tattoo Shops
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Change in Climate in Tattoo Shops

Years ago, it was the norm for tattoo parlors to have an intimidating ambience. I am speaking from experience as I walked into a tattoo parlor back in the early 70's, eager for my first tattoo and shaking with anxious anticipation. To my dismay, I was ignored and felt very out of place and was very intimidated. Due to this first experience I didn't return to a shop for 20 years. Finally my 18 year old daughter recommended a shop to me. Although this shop was still not very welcoming, it was a much more positive and professional experience than the atmosphere I experienced 20 years earlier.

Fast forward another 10 years and 12 tattoos later, and I can safely say that you can find a comfortable shop in every town. Unfortunately, some tattoo shops still keep up the intimidating factor which I will never understand. I have heard numerous people who have walked in and promptly walked out to seek a more comfortable atmosphere. Or have attempted to speak with a tattoo artist in an uncomfortable atmosphere and felt mocked and ridiculed by the shop personnel.

I do not understand what the shops hope to achieve since I know they lose customers with the lack of patron support. Do they like to have the tough, tattoo artist aura of 25 years ago when tattoo customers consisted of biker, tough guy types? Do they feel it's a rite of passage to give the customer a hard time? Why? Getting a tattoo is a very personnel act and these days, people are looking for artists and shops that give them a warm fuzzy feeling.

I know of a shop that approached the business in a different way with locating in the country, flowered curtains, lots of windows and a cheerful atmosphere with non-ear splitting music. I spent countless hours hanging at her comfortable shop and heard a lot of feedback from the customers and the overall opinion is that these people loved the atmosphere. Some had walked out of other shops in town and were hunting for a shop they felt comfortable with. They went out of their way to show the potential client that they were welcomed and so was their business.

Tradition is a great thing but change is good!
Los Gigantes Tenerife Travel Guide Plan your Trip to Mexico, "The Spice of America" Watch American Idol Season 10 Episode 13 Top 12 Guys Compete Corporate headshots London An Ultimate Destination for Those Taking Flights to Manila! The 5 Most Common Travel Insurance Policy Exclusions An Ultimate Trip for Those Taking Flights to Hong Kong! Go Bali - the ultimate holiday destination this year ! How To Put A Spring In Your Step Watch American Idol Season 10 Episode 13 IN HD COPY Festivals in Ladakh Moomba Festival – Street Revels in Melbourne How to enjoy a truly stress free holiday
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.94.187) / Processed in 0.012606 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2235, 954,