Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Sound Investment Advice From A Financial Planner
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Sound Investment Advice From A Financial Planner

In this article, I am going to introduce mutual funds and why they are perceived by many people to be much better than stocks.

Ask yourself, are mutual funds too risky. Although every fund, from money market funds, income funds all the way to equity funds and specialty funds will involve some element of risk, the fact remains that virtually every fund actually reduces risk. How? Through diversification. What this means is that a mutual fund takes all of your money (and every one else's) and invests in enough securities that anyone with less than $500,000 could never even imagine achieving. And since diversification is key to eliminating risk, saying that mutual funds are too risky is like saying air travel is dangerous. Risk is relative and in terms of reducing that risk, mutual funds achieve it better than any other investment.

Mutual Funds can also possess much more risk than you thought you were encountering. Here's what I think you should consider doing. First unless you are a real expert, consider buying Index Funds, as opposed to investing in funds that carry a high load, or sales charge associated with them. If you pay a big commission, you simply have less dollars in the investment to work with. Studies show that for most mutual funds, the commission or load simply is not worth it. Don't let a good or even a great salesman talk you into a load fund, unless you have checked for yourself, that the returns over several different periods of time have been outstanding.

Make sure the management team hasn't changed by the way. You don't want to pay for fabulous past results only to find out there is a new portfolio manager in town running your mutual fund. Watch out for the fad funds by the way. By the time an entire mutual fund sector is hot, and ripping up the charts with performance, it is too late 90% of the time, for you to be an investor. You don't want start becoming an investor in gold as it passes $1200 per ounce. That is the time you want to be thinking about exit.

Mutual funds are basically a highly diversified, risk-spread investments that, while they charge expenses, are cheaper than virtually any other type of investment out there. Best of all, mutual funds can be virtually any asset class, not just equities, providing investors with plenty of options. This is because about 99% of the time, if you own mutual funds your money will be invested in one of the biggest and most established investment types.

People that buy and sell commodities say three things about them. They offer high risk and the chance for high return. And third, that commodity markets are easy to understand. I agree with the first statement. There is high risk in buying commodities direct. That is why we should leave them to the people who have the time and resources to do the needed research. The high risk outweighs the high return to me. And I feel commodity markets are difficult to understand, enough so that I do not go near them.

by: Arthur McCain
The Linden Method Reviews Mrs 2000 Review Monetizing the Traffic:Converting your traffic into money Hard Money Lending At Its Best! Betting On Horses For Fun And Money Power 90x Reviews - What People Are Saying About This System Craig Smith How To Flagstone Patio - Flagstone Patio Laying Review Info Prodigy Review - What's Inside? Are You Ready To Find Out About The Rosetta Stone Japanese Review Piranha 3D movie review Livesmart 360 Review - Is Livesmart 360 Just Another Mlm? Saving Money When You Don't Think You Can The Review On Turbo Traffic System
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.252.220) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005337 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3080, 385,
Sound Investment Advice From A Financial Planner Campo Grande