Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Safe Computing For Teens
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Safe Computing For Teens

Safe Computing For Teens

Recently my daughter's old Pentium III Compaq laptop utterly died

. This happened close to Christmas so her present record was a straightforward one. The problem was that I didn't want to spend so much of money. The opposite problem was that I hated her having a computer.

I hated it as a result of I consistently needed to work on it. She used the computer for homework, immediate messaging, and browsing. Every couple of months, I found myself removing spy ware and different junk from the computer. Sometimes it was simpler simply to re-construct the computer by re-installing ALL the software, including the operating system. I observe her web utilization by means of my router so I do know that she has not been to "questionable" websites but these items continue to work their means into her computer.

I made a decision to think about one thing that I had by no means earlier than considered. LINUX! I picked up one other Pentium III (this one was a bit more powerful than her previous laptop computer) desktop for under $100.00. I added some outdated reminiscence that I had sitting on a shelf. I downloaded SUSE Linux and went to work.

I used to be pleasantly shocked at how simple the set up was! There was little or no interplay and my decisions were very simple. In about half-hour, I had a working laptop connected to the internet.

There are some things with which I used to be very pleased. It was running very properly with the outdated hardware. If I had used Windows XP I would have been pressured to get a more recent laptop and spend hundreds of dollars. The operating system got here with a browser (Firefox) and full workplace software (OpenOffice - which is compatible with Microsoft Workplace merchandise). There was additionally a very nice on the spot messaging tool that enables her to make use of many different IM clients in one piece of software. It had CD ripping and burning software program as well as a number of audio programs. On high of that, the working system and all the software have been FREE!

Now I do know most people reading this are considering, "Okay, now we have another anti Microsoft man right here". That's absolutely not true. I am a Windows and net developer by trade and use Microsoft merchandise exclusively (aside from utilizing Firefox as a browser when testing). I'm an enormous believer within the merchandise that Microsoft produces simply because they work and usually work VERY properly together.

The best factor about this change of operating system is that my daughter's pc is now freed from spy ware and isn't targeted by most viruses. The fact is that the majority viruses and adware goal Microsoft Windows only. Now I can relaxation straightforward knowing that I won't be rebuilding a pc every few months.

Safe Computing For Teens

By: timuwgrpip
Divorce: Fair Treatment May Keep Your Grandchildren In Your Life Remedying Limited Space With Kids Bunk Beds How to Pay Attention to the Signs of Teen Anorexia Play And Toys Children Behavioral Problems Avoided With Positive Discipline calculations For Calculating Your TX Child Support Kids Acting Classes - How It Can Develop Your Child's Social Skills Baby Boy - Making A Movie Of Your Little One Kids Dance Classes - How It Can Benefit Your Child SEX TOYS and LUST Insuring a Teenage Driver Kids Singing Lessons - Why Enroll Your Child? Treatment for Panic Attacks in Children - Options Available for Your Child
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.101.95) / Processed in 0.012150 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2926, 956,
Safe Computing For Teens