Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Natural Remedy For ADHD - How Can This Work For My Child?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Natural Remedy For ADHD - How Can This Work For My Child?

When we think of a natural remedy for ADHD, we usually probably think of a few herbs

or a few homeopathic elements which can calm a hyperactive and restless child down. But that is only part of the story.

Actually, a natural remedy for ADHD if it really is natural, will take into account elements such as emotional factors, dietary adjustments and other lifestyle changes. When all these are allowed to work in synergy, then we can safely say that the whole person is being treated and many homeopathic remedies will work like that. They simply make it possible for the brain and nervous systems to work at their peak efficiency. That means that child has every chance of doing much better and that fact that there are no side effects or health risks at all, means that there is a very good chance of success.

Now contrast all that with a prescription drugs which are based on amphetamines. These are the famous or infamous psychostimulants but they are effective only because they can alleviate some of the symptoms. They will ignore all the rest and that is why they are now regarded with some concern as they are resolving only one part of the problem. This is where ADHD natural alternatives can score higher as they take a holistic approach.

The most alarming statistic is that there are no long term studies about the effects of methylphenidate (Ritalin) on children's developing brains in the long run. There are still too many unanswered questions about the use of these drugs for children with ADHD.

In a small study, published in The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, the psychotic side effects in some children were studied after they had been on these psychostimulant drugs for a year. There were rare and brief reports of tactile and visual hallucinations and other psychotic episodes. After medication was stopped, these did not persist, fortunately.

As I said above a natural remedy for ADHD will take into consideration diet, sleep, environmental elements and of course how we approach the problem of inappropriate behavior. The ADHD child has a short supply of the dopamine brain chemical which will govern his or her reward and motivation. Normally a child will have fairly short reward/motivation span and it is hard for a child to see long term rewards, like getting on in school to get a fulfilling job later on.

The ADHD child needs constant rewards and incentives so that his short reward fuse is constantly topped up. This is where child behavior modification for ADHD is so important and will be key in any natural remedy for ADHD. No pills will ever teach such skills, attitudes or behaviours like these.

Now that we have seen that a natural remedy for ADHD is much more than actually swallowing a few pills, why not find out some more and discover that this sort of treatment is much easier to implement than you think!

By: Robert William Locke
ADHD Treatment Plan - Making Sure That the One You Choose Can Really Help Your Child Costs of Treating ADHD in Children - Looking at a Cheaper Option For Raising ADHD Kids Online Virtual World For Kids ADHD Behavioral Issues - 3 Investments You Must Make For Your Child Choosing Charms for Children ADHD Assessment Tests? How To Get A Proper Analysis and Give Your Child The Best Chance in Life Hooked on Phonics Helps Your Kids Learn to Read How Hooked on Phonics Helps Your Kids Read A Classroom in French that Gets Kids Involved Why are there no statistics on fetal age of aborted children? The effects of alcohol use on an unborn child Read This Aggressive Children And Their Explosive Nature - How You Get Your Life Back From Them Engaging Kids And Teens With Martial Arts Disciplines
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.233.43) / Processed in 0.013887 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3189, 956,