Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Costa Dorada
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Costa Dorada

The Costa Dorada is made up of 20 towns along the Catalan Coast and is known for its 200kms of clean beaches featuring golden sand and clear shallow water. Its no wonder Costa Dorada translates as "Gold Coast"... The pefect choice for your sun holiday from Ireland.

Getting ThereMy Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Costa Dorada

Barcalona Airport is approximately 80kms outside the Costa Dorada. It's definately the best served airport for the region if you're willing to take on a 2 hour transfer to your hotel. The regional Reus airport is about 8kms outside the resort, not as well served but definately an easier transfer to your hotel with local bus and taxis on offer. The taxi journey is about 10 minutes long and should cost you about 15

Getting Around

Trains depart every 30 minutes or so from Barcelona and visit many of the coastal resorts in Costa Dorada. Busses are also an option but these are often unreliable and definitely uncomfortable. The coastal highway A-16 also runs from Barcelona into the main resorts. If you're happy enough to stay in your resort then transport won't be a problem. If you're looking to venture a little further afield and explore the coast then car rental should be seriously considered.

Where to Sleep

Costa Dorada has been developed as a tourist destination and as such many hotels have been built to cater for tourists from different countries. The most popular resorts of La Pineda, Cambrils and Salou all have an abundance of hotels all within reach of the water and amusement parks. Some of the less developed towns will still feature traditional guest housed and even villa rentals if its a less commercial holiday you're after.

Where to Eat

Meat and Rice dishes are among the most popular on the coast. The classic Mediterranean sauce of "Romesco" made from olive oil and red pepper also features strongly in the region. Another regional speciality dish is calcots (spring onions dipped in a delicious sauce). The more commercial centres like Salou will cater to the tourists and feature a more european menu so don't worry if the local cousine doesn't sound like you'll want to try it.

Where to Drink

Towns all along the Gold Coast have a huge assortment of pubs and cafes to choose from so wherever you are along Costa Dorada you won't be left thirsty. Salou is a lively resort and probably the one most favoured by Irish and British tourists. Most bars in the resort are geared towards them with draught beer, karaoke and impersonators all featuring. Whether you want a traditional Spanish meal, a hot and spicy Mexican dish, a spot of Karaoke or even a Foam party you'll find it all in Salou. Probably the most renowned town for nightlife is Sitges and this is often referred to as the wildest resort on the Catalan Coast. By day this is a quiet shopping town with many boutiques and intimate shops but by night the streets are alive with the thumping beat of the latest chart music and electronic rhythms. Its reputation is such that it draws a party crowd from nearby Barcelona.

My Holidays From Dublin-Costa Dorada

Holidays From Dublin
Sumo tournaments and locations The Best Hot Springs and Resort Towns in Japan Travel Tips when Visiting India Buy Hungarian Forints When You Plan Your Holiday ExpeditionTrips Antarctica Cruise - High Quality Cruising Trip for Every Guest Private Jet Travel Best 14 Travel Beauty Tips Look Good at the Beach China Xiamen Gulangyu Island Travel Guide And Tips Loft Conversions London Paris Trip Review and Coupon Discount Two categories of people: One in hell one in paradise! Ways to wear American preppy
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.219.22.169) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.013111 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3339, 954,
My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Costa Dorada Vairano Patenora