Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Movie Review: The Last Exorcism
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Movie Review: The Last Exorcism

I love a good horror flick. My wife and I went to see The Last Exorcism and found that it was neither a horror flick, or a good flick. Where to begin? How about at the beginning.

We start out learning about the exorcist in this movie, named Reverend Cotton Marcus. He's a former believer who has lost his faith and now makes his living by charging people for fake exorcisms. Sound flimsy? Like an overcooked noodle.

So Cotton gets this letter pleading for him to come and take a demon out of a teenage girl in Louisiana. If you enjoy a Southern like I do, you only get a few despite a large cast- most of the actors sound like they're from Westchester County in New York. Reminds me of calling a Japanese steakhouse for reservations one time and dealing with a woman who sounded like she was from South Jersey. Not very authentic.

Cotton pulls a few parlor tricks to make the father of the girl think the demon has been expelled. He goes on his way with a fist full of cash, and this is where the Exorcism Express goes off the tracks.

The possessed girl winds up in Cotton's hotel room and the story circles the drain for a while before concluding with some sort of ritual sacrifice. It's unclear whether the possession is real or a trick by a demented cult and no explanation is given before the credits roll.

Mine was one of quite a few that expressed a sort of "You gotta be kidding me" at the film's abrupt ending.

If you're still reading, the real icing on the cake is the overdone shaky camera movements, a la Blair Witch Project. Some of the effects were pretty convincing and some were predictable and look like they needed a bit more time in post before being considered "in the can".

I'd name someone from the cast, but I'm not sure there's a recognizable name in the lot. As my wife and I discussed on the way home from the movies, the actors were all people who fit the definition of character actors. Basically, a "Hey, I know that guy from a commercial or something" kind of cast. And it showed in some of the acting, particularly with What's His Name that played the good Reverend Cotton.

If you liked my article, please see some of my other writing at my Renal Diets and Guitar Tablature Software sites. My name is Jim McClinsey and writing helpful articles is my passion.

Movie Review: The Last Exorcism

By: James McClinsey
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo Review The Dave Way Reviews Changing Your Mindset In The Battle To Attract Money Verbarrator Review Yummyarts Review-Yummyarts Tidysongs Review Cnet Itunes Tidysongs Review Sound Investment Advice From A Financial Planner The Linden Method Reviews Mrs 2000 Review Monetizing the Traffic:Converting your traffic into money Hard Money Lending At Its Best! Betting On Horses For Fun And Money
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.120.206) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012554 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2818, 385,
Movie Review: The Last Exorcism New York City