Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Minnesota Child Custody and Parenting Time Disputes Over the Holidays
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Minnesota Child Custody and Parenting Time Disputes Over the Holidays

It is December in Minnesota, with Thanksgiving behind us and with Christmas right around the corner. Tis the season for every Minnesota family law attorney to start receiving the telephone calls regarding holiday parenting time disputes with their minor children. All too common in Minnesota divorce decrees and in Minnesota child custody orders, are parenting time schedules that provide loose terms for the parties' holiday time with their minor children. Some orders do not provide for a holiday schedule at all, some simply provide for "alternating holidays," while others provide for specific holidays but not specific times for exchanging the children for holidays.

This is most prevalent for Christmas parenting time when an order provides that "mom shall have the children on Christmas Eve and dad shall have the children on Christmas day." The question then becomes - when does Christmas Eve end and Christmas Day begin? Is it Christmas Eve evening or Christmas Day morning? For most little children, "Santa arrives" sometime overnight on Christmas Eve, prior to Christmas Day morning, so it makes a big difference. Also, many families have traditions on Christmas Eve evening, Christmas Day morning and for a Christmas Day dinner. Not to mention, many families will work in a visit to their church on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Usually, family traditions run deep with regard to where and when these holiday traditions occur. And often times, if the parties are not counseled properly during the Minnesota divorce or Minnesota child custody process, these details will not be addressed in the final Minnesota child custody order or divorce decree.Minnesota Child Custody and Parenting Time Disputes Over the Holidays

Also, I am frequently told by my Minnesota divorce or Minnesota child custody clients that, "Oh I can work out these details with my soon to be ex (or the father/mother of my children) because we get along well." Well, first I want to commend such individuals that they have the current ability to cooperate with the other parent regarding these parenting time details. However, the key word there is "current" ability. Lets say the parties have a two year old child, then they will have to cooperate for the next 16 years on such details (at least 16 years under the watchful eyes of the Court). And yes, it is true, many of these individuals are unable to agree as the years pass.

Therefore, I almost always recommend to my Minnesota divorce and Minnesota child custody clients to include an extremely specific and detailed parenting time schedule and holiday schedule to use, if not only as a "default." By this I mean, if the parties get along well now, they can choose to deviate from the specific schedule. However, if the proverbial "push comes to shove" then they have a specific parenting time schedule to default to, and there would be no need to make a frantic last minute call to their local Minnesota family law attorney.

By: Adam Blahnik, Prior Lake attorney and owner of Blahnik Law Office, PLLC, 16180 Hastings Avenue, Suite 201, Prior Lake, Minnesota 55372. (952) 479-0449. http://www.articlesbase.com/national-state-local-articles/minnesota-child-custody-and-parenting-time-disputes-over-the-holidays-3823902.html
The Best Personalised Childrens Books How Does Your PH Affect Your Baby's Gender Or Sex (Whether You Have A Boy Or A Girl) What Things Determine The Sex Or Gender Of A Baby? What Influences Whether You Have A Boy Or A Girl? Helping a Child that Doesn't Like to Read When Your Children Drive You Crazy! Dots For Tots---a Must Have For Children Can Art Classes for Kids Really Help Your Child? Travelling with young Children, Babies or Toddlers Please Remember That Honest Child Naturally Treat Eczema In Children Easy Methods To Get Started In Potty Training For Your Child Getting the Best Start in Childcare 8 Creative Decorating Ideas For Your Child's Room
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.210.17) Michigan / Detroit Processed in 0.008756 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3346, 956,
Minnesota Child Custody and Parenting Time Disputes Over the Holidays Detroit