Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Madholal…Keep Walking Movie Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Madholal…Keep Walking Movie Review

The 'chawl' culture of Mumbai has never been too far from Hindi cinema

. From Basu Chatterjee's Piya Ka Ghar to Sanjay Jha's Pran Jaye Par Chawl Na Jaye to Mahesh Manjrekar's City Of Gold and Chandan Arora's Striker. many gripping tales of resilience and kinship have been put on screen with no trace of self-pity or anger in the under-privileged characters who go about their lives with dignity, optimism and humour even after queuing up for an hour to get into the dingy public toilet.

MadholalKeep Walking is a well-intended look at people we know from the chawls even if we've never been to one. The conversation among the chararcters is authentic. But the sad part is, these characters don't seem to be saying anything that interests anyone apart from the characters who speak.

Madholal Keep Walking is hardly a known movie. I don't know the producer-director, Jai Tank, for whom it's a first film. I don't know the band, not even the star cast. But I've heard the music, I've seen the storyline, and when I searched some more, I got to know that one member of the cast, Subrat Dutta, won the best actor award at the Cairo film festival, while another, Pranay Narayan, has acted in Black Friday before this. All of these make me feel that the movie has something good for sure.

Especially the way the music of the film was so good even though coming from all unknown people, it made me expect something from the movie.As per IMDb, Madholal Keep Walking is the story of a common man with simple dreams and a routine life, who can be found in any corner of the globe, chasing their dreams and hoping to realize them. Madholal Dubey is one of them. On one fateful day everything changes in Madho's life. He becomes a victim of an unfortunate incident and their dreams go upside down. He gets scared of death and loses all his faith in God and life. The film revolves around how Madholal and family encounter his fears and deceit.

Midway through the flat narration there's a bomb blast on a train.

The lives of the people who populate the film is turned around. Madholal, we are happy to know, keeps walking.

There are some purposely poignant emotional-highpoints in the story that touch you with their sincerity in the second-half. Actor Purba Dutta who plays Madholal conveys a profound anguish and helplessness in the second-half.

His train-journey at the end when he comes to terms with his changed circumstances in life is a measure of the resilience that Mumbai's middleclass epitomizes.

On the whole, I guess while Aashayein should be worth a watch among the six movies releasing on August 27 (as per the information available right now), Madholal Keep Walking should be worth a consideration too.

MadholalKeep Walking Movie Review

By: vaibhav
First Ten Areas Of Focus For Agency-wide Policy Review Public Survey Announced By Uscis Guide To Filmmaking - No Budget Film Making Film Making Class - No Budget Film Making Bob Revolution Stroller Reviews - Think About Your Spending Budget Agel Expert Review - Third Party Review Make Money With Surveys Or Just a Lie? Choosing the best Antivirus Review USFreeAds - You Can Make Money Now Make Money With Paid Surveys - A Way to Make a Quick Buck Pawn shops are the best way for fast money Where To Remit Money To The Philippines Creative Ways To Make Money – 3 Top Ways The MBM Sprint 3000 Booklet Maker: A Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.218.223) / Processed in 0.008422 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2939, 385,
Madholal…Keep Walking Movie Review