Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » MARTIAL ARTS CELEBRITY MATT FIDDES SETTLES LIBEL ACTION WITH CHANNEL 4
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

MARTIAL ARTS CELEBRITY MATT FIDDES SETTLES LIBEL ACTION WITH CHANNEL 4

Matt Fiddes, owner of a successful chain of martial arts schools and a former bodyguard to Michael Jackson, has today reached an amicable settlement of his libel action against Channel 4, Studio Lambert and Jane Preston.

Mr. Fiddes has withdrawn his claim after the three parties accepted that he did not sell stories to the Press during the course of the filming of the TV programme made by Studio Lambert, whose chief executive Stephen Lambert previously made the controversial programme "The Queen".

The programme, "The Jacksons Are Coming", suggested that during the filming of the programme Matt Fiddes had betrayed the Jackson family, by selling stories about them.MARTIAL ARTS CELEBRITY MATT FIDDES SETTLES LIBEL ACTION WITH CHANNEL 4

Once the Defendants were prepared to accept that this was not the case, Mr Fiddes was willing to conclude his legal action.

The Devon-based businessman always maintained the case for him was about protecting his unblemished reputation and not about seeking compensation from the programme makers.

Matt Fiddes is satisfied that, after 18 months of litigation, an amicable resolution has been reached.

He said: "The litigation has been a strain and I can now return to normal life. My prime concern is to care for my mother who has terminal cancer.

" I would rather spend precious time with her, my family and running my business than go through a 20 day trial.

" I intend also to promote my anti-bullying campaign that has been welcomed in schools and elsewhere around the country. I do not wish to hold a trial involving the Jackson family particularly at a time which is the anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson who was a wonderful friend and human being.

" I miss Michael and the Jackson family and I hope that cordial relations can be resumed with Tito Jackson. I intend to write off the judgement I have against Tito Jackson for the 20,000 I loaned his family to take part in this programme, as a gesture of goodwill.

"I would like to thank Channel Four for acknowledging that I did not betray the Jacksons by selling stories about them. For that I am very grateful as this was all I was looking for. I would like to send my love and best wishes to Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson at what must be a very hard time."

Matt Fiddes was represented in the proceedings by media law experts M Law.

Senior partner Chris Hutchings added: "We're satisfied that the case has been resolved on this basis and that Matt is now able to get back to his family and his business and care for his mother.

"Matt's integrity and honesty is everything to him, particularly as he runs a business teaching children discipline and self respect through karate.

"As such he is a role model to these children. He can now feel vindicated and return to his normal life with his reputation intact."

Mr Fiddes added: "I would like to thank my close friends Mark Lester and Uri Geller for their help, support and friendship over the last two years, particularly when they were grieving for our dear friend Michael Jackson."

Matt Fiddes, the Claimant, does not intend to comment further.

For any other queries please contact Phil Taylor at PHA Media on 0207 025 1362 or p.taylor@pha-media.com
Add a trip to the holiday parks to your Christmas list Reasons to switch to a Cruise Holiday 7 Unique Cool Christmas Gifts For Men How To Dress To Impress At The Office Christmas Party Enjoy Your Fishing Trips with the Services of Alaska Halibut Fishing Charters Bilderberg: Inciting Treason In Ireland's Attorney General? Wildlife expedition on Rajasthan Tours Your mariage photographe in paris Decorate your corporate buildings with unique Christmas displays Lapland is the perfect summer destination Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Online Get A Diamond For Him This Christmas Toyota Etios heading to South Africa by 2012
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.143.239.231) / Processed in 0.006065 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 3395, 954,