Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Lukas Meets the Mustangs - Excerpt from the World's Smartest Horse Children's Book
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Lukas Meets the Mustangs - Excerpt from the World's Smartest Horse Children's Book

Lukas Meets the Mustangs - Excerpt from the World's Smartest Horse Children's Book

Karen sat on a tree limb while Lukas looked for the longest strand of grass he could find. Sunshine streamed through the fluttering leaves and a squirrel was high overhead with a plump nut stuffed in its mouth. Lukas blinked and turned to look at Karen in shock, "Absolutely not, impossible," was all he could think to say.

"Now, Lukas, it's part of our job we must do this for the animals." "Bbbuuut, Karen, we're a family and hes an outsider." Lukas stammered. "He doesn't belong here."

"We were outsiders too once, Lukas. Don't you remember?" Karen had a point there, but he wasn't going to share her with anyone, now that they loved each other so much. "Why does he have to come here of all places?!" Lukas groaned.

"Because he's alone," Karen said gently. What could Lukas say to that? "WellI don't know. Oh, all right I guess, but just for a little while." Sometimes he wished his job was just playing with Karen all day like it used to be.

And so, Franklin arrived the next day. Lukas glared at the new arrival and shook his long red mane in irritation. The ex-racehorse who had suddenly invaded his family was strikingly pale and thin. Lukas had twinges of guilt as he remembered what it was like when he had to look for food in the dirt and when he had a rumbling empty stomach. "Why are you here, anyway?" Lukas demanded.

"I did all I could, chap. My legs finally gave out." Franklin explained. "I was in thirty-six races and just didn't have any more left in me," he sighed heavily. Lukas softened a bit looking at this poor haggard stranger. "Hmmm. Is Karen going to help you find your job too?"

"I'm not sure," the newcomer said. "The rescue lady brought me here to keep me safe from the auction," Franklin said slowly. The auction! Lukas bristled hearing that word. "Then you're welcome here, Franklin," Lukas assured his new friend. "Karen will know what to do."

Franklin brought very upsetting news from the outside world. The racetracks were in trouble and more horses were disappearing across the borders. "Racetracks?!" Lukas said in alarm. He thought there was only the one where he came from. "Oh no, bloke," explained Franklin, while shaking his head sadly. "There are many of them and not just for us Thoroughbreds either. Other breeds are disappearing too."

At this, Lukas' head was spinning with concern. "And," Franklin added with disgust, "They're going after our wild brothers too the Mustangs who've been on their lands for hundreds of years." Franklin and Lukas looked at each other aghast, "How could this be?" Lukas kept repeating to himself.

And so, the World's Smartest Horse (according to the World Records Academy) and Guinness World Record Holder became acquainted with Marge Mullen, a modern day Wild Horse Annie. Annie, a life-long horse lover and advocate, worked tirelessly until the end of her days to protect the mustangs. Through Marge's guidance and support, Lukas met many new friends and became the first four-legged member of the Equine Welfare Alliance. This honor imparted in Lukas and his owner/trainer Karen Murdock a further dedication and direction for their efforts: to promote a collaborative global community based on love for animals and a sincere desire to help those who are less fortunate.
Ideas For Selecting Baby Boy Bedding When Does My Kid Need a Phone? Why Does My Child Need A Mobile Phone Licence? Fifteen Unwanted fat Burning Meals - Consuming Your Way To Natural Unwanted fat Reduction Keeping The Advantages Of Teen Abstinence In Mind Dual Income, No Kids and a Lot of Money to Spend Steroids: Could Your Child Be Next? Stop Kids Bad Behavior in 4 Steps! Have You Tried Everything to Collect Child Support? Try an Asset Search! Kids Party Ideas for Girls and Boys Bike Safety for Children Nutritionist Laura Vikmanis Shares Enjoy The Sweet Sixteen Children's Pyjamas - For Different Age Groups
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.38.125) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.019116 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3527, 956,
Lukas Meets the Mustangs - Excerpt from the World's Smartest Horse Children's Book Copenhagen