Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Emilia - Romagna Region by:Levi Reiss
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Emilia - Romagna Region by:Levi Reiss

I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Emilia - Romagna Region by:Levi Reiss

So you want to tour Emilia-Romagna on the Gulf of Venice coast

. This region is large enough to border on six other Italian regions as well as the tiny country of San Marino. Emilia-Romagna is known for its food, not particularly its wine. Three of its local specialties are uncooked Prosciutto ham, balsamic vinegar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. But there's a lot more great food; Emilia-Romagna is widely considered to be the capital of Italian gastronomy.

Let's take a quick tour. Rimini is a popular coastal resort town, made famous in Fellini's 1973 movie Amaracord. Bologna, right in the center, is the birthplace of Tortellini and home to one of Europe's oldest Universities. Student or not, check out the wine bars especially the Godot Wine Bar right near the Piazza Santo Stefano. Then head north to Ferrara, also featured in a film, Da Sica's memorable 1971 The Garden of the Finzi-Continis. In addition to the usual complement of castles, churches, palaces, make sure to tour the medieval Via delle Volte and, if you're into museums, the Museo Ebraico (Jewish Museum). End your tour at the Osteria al Brindisi, Europe's oldest wine bar, founded in 1435. Heading northwest you'll arrive in Modena, home of balsamic vinegar, Ferrari and Maserati sports cars. The old city has a fine Duomo (Cathedral) and what may be the world's oldest delicatessen, Salumeria Giusti, founded in 1605. Parma still retains a French influence. It's home to two of the region's major three culinary treats, Parmesan cheese and Prosciutto ham. Make sure to stop by the Piazza Garibaldi.

Emilia-Romagna is home to one of Italy's best-known wine scandals. The Albana di Romagna DOCG was the first white wine to be awarded this top of the line wine designation where the G stands for Garantita. In the interest of full disclosure I have never tasted this wine. But this designation is very widely described as controversial at best. The sweet wine is considered better, but it is pricey. Among the reds look for Barbarossa-based wines, Lambrusco di Sorbara DOC and Lambrusco Salamino di Santa Croce DOC. Although most imported Lambrusco is frizzy red, this grape family is vinified in a variety of red, rose, and white styles. While the Emilia-Romagna food can be great, you may accompany it with wines from other Italian regions.

Common white grape varieties include the local Albana and Pignoletto, the Italian Malvasia and Trebbiano, and the international Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Common red varieties include the local Bonarda, the Italian Barbera and Sangiovese, and the international Cabernet Sauvignon.I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Emilia - Romagna Region by:Levi Reiss

Companies selling wine tours of Emilia-Romagna include Select Italy, Emilia Delizia, Bologna Wine Tours, and Wine Tour Italia. Emilia-Romagna wineries that accept visits and provide lodgings (agriturismo) include Azienda Agricola Montevecchio Isolani in Monte San Pietro and Azienda Agricola Gaggioli - Vigneto Bagazzana in Zola Predosa.

About the author

Once upon a time Levi Reiss wrote or co-authored ten computer and Internet books. And yet, he really prefers drinking fine Italian or other wine, with the right food and friends. He teaches computers at an Ontario French-language community college. Visit his website http://www.wineinyourdiet.com which focuses on wine, weight loss, health, and nutrition issues.
Enjoy Tamil Nadu Attractionson South India Tour by:Caper Travel Cheap Air tickets from Kolkata to Delhi Flight by:Alivia Martin Apartments for Rent in the Center of St Petersburg by:Oleg Shkaruta Wildlife Resorts by:Anjela Rock I Love Touring Italy - Hotels In Amalfi by:Levi Reiss Urgent Passport Renewals - Getting Your Passport Renewed in One Day by:William Manor The Importance of Comparing Derby Hotels by:Gareth Hoyle Hotel in Bangkok - Essential Tips in Choosing One by:James Brad Lee I Love Touring Italy - Hotels In Asissi by:Levi Reiss I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Basilicata Region by:Levi Reiss Great Places to Check Out While Visiting Scranton Pennsylvania by:William Hauselberg Last Minute Hotels: Just in Time Approach to Get Best Hotels at Discounted Prices by:Jenny Franklin I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Apulia Region by:Levi Reiss
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.86.121) / Processed in 0.013256 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3505, 954,