Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » I Love Touring Italy - Hotels In Asissi by:Levi Reiss
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Love Touring Italy - Hotels In Asissi by:Levi Reiss

The beautiful medieval walled town of Assisi is a very important Christian pilgrimage

. This town honors St. Francis of Assisi, Italy's patron saint and the founder of the Franciscan order. The Basilica of Saint Francis has been a World Heritage Site since 2000. The Upper and Lower Basilicas were started in 1228, shortly after St. Francis' canonization. Interestingly enough, the land was known as Collo d'Inferno (Hill of Hell). Here convicted criminals were put to death. The churches' architecture is a combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles. and helped set the tone for many Italian edifices to come. Don't rush your visit and respect the dress code, no bare shoulders and no bare knees. For your convenience we have listed neighborhood hotels in approximate order of cost, starting with the least expensive. We have personally verified all hotel websites to make sure that they include English-language pages.

The two-star Hotel Properzio is so close to the Basilica that you will hear the bells every morning. It is located in a historic building offering 9 double rooms with a view of the historic town center's main street. An unusual hotel feature is the tower with a panoramic terrace. More common features include a TV room, a bar, and baby sitting service. The address is Via San Francesco 38, Assisi 06081.

The three-star Hotel Fontebella offers facilities for the disabled. This entire property is non-smoking. This historic, renaissance-style building has been recently renovated. The property includes congress facilities and private parking, free on a first come, first served basis. The Al Frantoio Restaurant relies on fresh, local produce and is said to have an excellent wine list. The bathrooms are ultramodern. Their address is Via Fontebella 25, Assisi 06081.

The three-star Hotel San Francesco is located right across from the Basilica, and some of the 44 rooms that range from singles to quads offer a panoramic view of the Basilica and the vast Umbrian plain. This building dates from the Fifteenth Century. Hotel facilities include a bar and restaurant restricted to hotel guests. The breakfast buffet features homemade cakes. The address is Via San Francesco 48, Assisi 06082.I Love Touring Italy - Hotels In Asissi by:Levi Reiss

The four-star Giotto Hotel is built on the foundations of an ancient building and has been welcoming guests since 1899. It has a wide range of business services include simultaneous translation and secretarial services. You will find a conference room, congress facilities, a snack bar, a bar, a TV room, a coffee shop, and restaurants. Did I mention the fitness center? There are 83 rooms including junior suites and suites. Visit their website to get a look at the restaurant and wine cellar in which meals are served. The address is Via Fontebella 41, Assisi 06081.

About the author

Levi Reiss has authored or co-authored ten books on computers and the Internet, but he prefers drinking fine Italian or other wine, accompanied by the right foods and people. He teaches classes in computers at an Ontario French-language community college. Visit his Italian travel website http://www.travelitalytravel.com which includes information on Italian wine and food.
I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Basilicata Region by:Levi Reiss Great Places to Check Out While Visiting Scranton Pennsylvania by:William Hauselberg Last Minute Hotels: Just in Time Approach to Get Best Hotels at Discounted Prices by:Jenny Franklin I Love Wine And Italy - Wine Touring In The Apulia Region by:Levi Reiss Malaysian - Always Striving For Excellence by:John Aisha Jungle Trip in Ecuador by:Dixie Davey Tel Aviv Provides One With Classic Recreation Facilities by:Styan williams The Beach is Calling - It's Time to Visit Miami Florida by:William Hauselberg Holiday Travel Insurance: - Be Insured While Going To A Striking Place by:James Roy Prague Tours by:Neha Sharma Travelocity Flights Booking And Travelocity Hotel Booking Made Easier by:Arvind Khanna Why Are People Leaving Australia by:Principal Visas Indianapolis Attractions by:Kelvin Bush
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.71.188) / Processed in 0.012741 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3329, 954,