Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » How to Get the Perfect Job
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to Get the Perfect Job

It's snowing again; but unlike yesterday when I woke and was totally chilled' about it; today was a different story. I was meant to go into town and couldn't; the road is covered in snow, my path and drive are covered in snow, the temperatures are freezing , the walk to the station would be treacherous for most people let alone someone who has been virtually housebound for the past 11 weeks with a fractured pelvis. I called the local taxi firm who don't even have any cars to drive me to the station AND even if I did get there, how long would I have to wait to get on a train and that's if there are any of course. Say I got a cab to the station, did get on a train, how long would it take to get up there? And then there's the question of how long and how difficult will it be to get home. Altogether, not a pleasant prospect. So I'm resigned to sitting in the house again, watching the snow fall.

But then I got to thinking ; isn't this just like life? Putting in spokes to confound and confuse issues. And what's the point of railing against something that is totally out of my control. And that's where the frustration lies. I have absolutely no control over this situation.

And that's what happens so often in life isn't it? We have no control' over a situation and then we get upset, frustrated and close ourselves off to what is possible.How to Get the Perfect Job

For all those that read or watched The Secret' believing that all you had to do was put it out there' and waited and waited, and nothing happened. They got frustrated, angry and said it doesn't work' but it does. And if it does, what is needed? What do we need to do to turn those goals into reality? What do people who seem to have it all, have in common? What do gurus, experts, celebrities, etc have that we' do not.

Well I'll tell you that have attitude'; an attitude that says I deserve this' ; they take action; if they want something they go for it they don't sit around waiting for it to be delivered they go get it .

They are tenacious, they keep on and on and on until they get what they want. They don't give up at the first signs of obstacles in fact they don't call them obstacles, they call them challenges. That's how they become world class, Oscar winners, first class, film stars, singing sensations, break records in sports.

They push themselves, challenge themselves, work and practice and practice and work and THEY DON'T GIVE UP. They turn themselves into the best they can possibly be. They have determination, backbone, grit, whatever you want to call it but they have it in spades. It's second nature to them.

So what about the rest of us who don't have it' but have dreams, goals, ambitions how do we get there' How do we realise our dreams?

They say that if you want something you should copy a successful person; someone who's already done it; why invent the wheel? Why indeed?

So once we have the dreams, the goals, the ambitions, we need to be persistent in our actions towards them. We need to develop those skills to keep us taking action. We need to change our mind set, to work towards those dreams of ours.

Persistence and tenacity are the keys. And together with action brings about amazing results.

To start we need a plan. It's all very well writing down your goals but without a plan on how to get there is like going on a journey in the car without a map or satnav!

Probably the most important part of that plan is the steps. You need to know in your own mind what steps you need to take to get to this dream, goal, ambition of yours. It's the plan that will motivate you to action.

Just think about it for a moment.

Supposing you want a new job in the New Year because you feel you're not being appreciated (financially) in your current one. So it's all very well saying "I don't like my job" but you need to be doing something to change the situation ie getting a new one. A good way to start would be to write down everything you don't like about your current job maybe it's the location, maybe you feel you need more responsibility, maybe you feel stressed that you seem to be doing all the work and the boss gets all the credit. Write it all down get it all out. Write is as a list; just write and keep writing until there really is nothing left to say; read it through then write some more.

Once you've got it all out - write down (again as a list) what your perfect job would look like

What your office would look like (if you work in an office), what you colleagues would be like, what your new boss would be like, where it would be, what you'd be doing again keep writing and writing let your subconscious do the writing; switch off your mind and as the great man said imagine'.

Now when you've got both your lists; compare them compare the fact with the fiction. Realise that probably some of the bad list about your current job is not as bad; and the perfect' job might not be totally practical at the moment. However don't say "well this will never happen" and give up there and then.

Put a Plan into Action. You have to be practical. Remember a baby doesn't go from crawling on the floor to driving a Formula 1 racing car. It has to be little steps'. Maybe your perfect' job as you've written it will be the ideal but not yet maybe there are a few steps you need to take, a bit more experience in some parts of the job that you need to get, in order to get that final prize. Don't see it as a set back; see it as part of the journey. As Part of the experience. Enjoy it.

Once you've whittled down the impossible' from the possible' and very likely' on your perfect job If you've worked sensibly on your perfect job ; are there jobs out there' like that? Are there parts like that out there? Who would employ people to do what you want to do?

Maybe the first step is finding out. Maybe the second step is writing to them, introducing yourself explaining perhaps a little about you and how you could (not might) benefit their company. Using positive words sell yourself. You might not get a reply but often if you send an unsolicited letter to a company they will respond even if it's to say thanks but no thanks. But don't give up; look for more companies that do what you want to do, find recruitment agencies who you think might be looking for high calibre candidates. I'll tell you one thing the very act of doing' something will elevate your mood and you'll find your current job not half as bad because you're working toward something your goal. Look in local papers, look on the net we are living in a time of great information ; everything you need is out there you just need to ask literally. Start talking to people, friends, relatives, people in your social circle, - it's called networking'. You'll be surprised how many people will be willing to help if they can.

While you're doing this you're honing your skills. Read up what will be required in this new job' ; do you have the qualifications; if you don't , perhaps you need to find out how you go about getting them and then get them.

That's it, isn't it we've come full circle to the taking of action. You've done your list, you've written to companies, you've found out what qualifications you need and then nothing. You've stopped. Why? Because nobody replied, even agencies were useless, you don't have those qualifications, Christmas has got in the way with its parties and drinking and having fun and it's really too much effort.

Then when we're in December 2011 you say "I hate my job" ; and look back and think what a wasted year.

How sad.

How many years will you waste, writing goals, never achieving them because the action you need to take is too much you get disheartened too easily.

Taking action is important. So is persistence, tenacity, discipline and consistency. But above all you have to stop kidding yourself. You can fool other people but when you start fooling yourself. When the words you use to others covers up an uncomfortable feeling inside and even when you're on your own you don't know what the truth is anymore. Boy that's not good.

How about if there was someone to whom you were accountable Someone you would need to answer to. Not in a bad way like a naughty school child being admonished by a teacher; but in a way that motivated and pushed' you to become all you know you can be.

That's what a life coach does that's what I do motivate, guide, steer, help you get to where you want to go from where you are now.

No judgements, No criticism just someone on your side who always wants the best for you even when sometimes the best might be a bit difficult'.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out loudly proclaiming "Wow what a ride" Hunter S Thompson.
Finding A Telecommuting Job Job Opportunities In Buffalo Want To Get The Most Demanding Job? Job Vacancies are Out There – you Just Need to Know how to Find Them Do I Need A Certificate For A Translation Job? Police Officers Need The Right Police Gear To Do Their Job. How to Cope With a Firefighting Job Snag your dream job Job Opportunities In Gibraltar Working Conditions For Call Center Employees : What A Mess Top 5 Things to Remember When Applying For a Call Center Job Porter Cable FR350A - Nails Any Framing Job Different Ways Of Looking For A Job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.190.101) / Processed in 0.016551 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 62 , 9577, 968,