Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » How To Decide If You Should Euthanize Your Pet
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Decide If You Should Euthanize Your Pet

Growing up in my house often felt like living in a zoo

. We had a whole menagerie of animals--dogs, cats, birds, snakes, hamsters, gerbils--there are too many to even list. We loved our pets, and now that me and my siblings are grown, we still have our own critters.

But having so many animals over the years meant we also learned about the pain of loss. We experienced the death of so many of them, but the worst of it came when we had to decide to put a dog or cat down because they got so sick that they were suffering too much.

This is the toughest decision any pet owner can make, so allow me to offer some of my best advice. However, do not take any of this as gospel--it is up to you to make the best decision for your pet and your family.

First of all, you need to recognize signs of aging in your pet. Different breeds of dog have varying life expectancies, so if you have a purebred, check out their lifespan. Larger dogs tend to have more problems with arthritis and joint pain because of their weight, while smaller dogs are more susceptible to disease. You can easily find this information online, or just ask your vet.

Knowing the lifespan of your pet can make the decision easier. If your pet develops a serious disease at age 11 and is generally expected to live to 12, then you can feel comforted knowing that your furry friend has lived a full and happy life.

Do remember that even purebred dogs (and cats) can have their lives shortened by poor breeding practices, especially in animals that have natural genetic problems. For example, larger animals like Great Danes can have many bone and joint problems, including hip dysplasia, which can cause unnecessary misery.

by: Art Gib
Sao Miguel Cattle Dog Saving My Dog's Mobility How To Get The Low Priced Pet Insurance Plan A Dog's Panting Habit Pet Backpack Carrier Selecting The Right Leather Collar For Your Dog Here's How To Determine If Pet Insurance Plan Is Right For You British Bulldog Bibliography How To Search For Veterinary Pet Insurance Choosing The Perfect Urn For Your Cherished Pet Dog Allergies - Things You Should Know Pet Pampering Ways Before Obtaining A Leonberger Dog, Read This
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.79.59) / Processed in 0.009523 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1764, 969,