Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » How It Contractors Can Make Heaps More Money
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

How It Contractors Can Make Heaps More Money

Great Idea

You have a great idea or an area of business knowledge that would be very useful to major companies.

What IT folk normally do is:-

1) Spend ages developing the software for this great new idea

or

2) Go and speak to likely customers to sell the idea to them

Mistake

The first is normally a great mistake. There must be a huge number of unused lines of code across the world that came about this way. What the major IT companies do is to try to sell the idea to a customer who might want to buy it first. This is called proving the concept. If they cant find someone who would want to buy it, then it is not worth building is the argument.

Of course, this first customer is given it at a cut price or even given it free, provide that they sign up for X number of years to pay for the running of it.

Better still

The second is better but you dont have the marketing capability, or the credibility to pull it off especially if this is a major project.

So what do you do?

The steps are:-

1) Examine what you have to offer

2) Look around for major supplier companies that don't have this capability

3) If no one has this capability, that's good. However, if Bigco's rivals have this capability and they don't, that would work too - especially if you can convince them to get into that market.

Close, but No Cigar

I did this once before with CMG, and met them several times, but I couldn't quite convince them that it was a lucrative enough market to get into.

It was very close though and I had several meetings with their senior people.

What I should have done was have a Marketing person on tow.

I can think of quite a few mistakes or omissions that I made then, which may have made a major difference in selling the idea.

For instance, I knew the market, and who wanted to buy this type of system, but I didnt even give them the names of these potential customers.

I didnt want to give such information away too early, but this might have made all the difference.

The Solution?

So, whats the solution?

I once went to meet a guy from a senior fixer company in IT. Having a drink with him after the talk, he said that if he had a database of IT guys with ideas, and a database of marketing people, then he would make a mint. The marketing capability is one that pretty much all IT people lack.

However, if IT people were more organized, and had a trade association, then they might be able to have access to this sort of facility and advice centrally.AS they havent, then it might be worth investing a little bit of money in getting marketing advice, or even taking the marketing person in tow. Check out IT Contractor Mortgage and IT contractors.

by: Johnmichelcane
What is A Double Dip Recession? Replica watches can save your money Phlebotomy Salaries Remain Good In The Financial Crunch Robben Will Be Out Refused To Leave Barcelona Bayern Manchester For Naluobijia Money For Ibrahimovic Kuala Shuai Furious Persecution Will Appeal Not Only To Honor Money Taylor Made R7 CGB Iron Review Big Improved Performance Ping G15 and I15 Driver Review Flexoplex Review : Natural Healing For Joint Pain Cheap Hotel Manali,cheap Hotel In Manali ,budget Hotel Manali, Kullu Manali Hotel DVD Review: One Piece – Third Season, Second Voyage Socrates Theme Review Sugarsync Review A Review Of Citizen Promaster Titanium Yatch Chronograph Eco Drive Jr4030-03e Watch
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.10.130) / Processed in 0.004772 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 54 , 3022, 385,
How It Contractors Can Make Heaps More Money