Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 - Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 Review!
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 - Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 Review!

span>Share:

I've been waiting for Fujifilm FinePix ever since I found out about it a month ago and flew down to the camera shop as soon as they told me it had arrived. I had read all the specs and seen the pics of the camera, and wanted to find out if it was all style and no substance, or if there really was a heart inside the beast. The shop owners opened the box for me to inspect, attached the screen protector, strap and lens cap string, and I took it for a spin before I even left the shop.

Before I say anything more, I'd better let you know my digital camera background. I've been using them ever since they first came out about 10 years ago. Sony DSC-30, Kyocera SL300 (world's first 3.3 fps limited only by size of memory card), Nikon S4, Canon 350D, Nikon s10, Nikon P90, Pentax k-x. In addition, I have always used mobile phones with cameras- xcute (world's first 3 mpxl mobile phone camera), SE k810, k850, Motorola ZN5, Samsung Innov8, SE Satio. So i've used a wide range of digital cameras.

Initial feeling:

1. Camera felt lighter than I expected, even with the 4 AA batteries in place.

2. Solid plastic, yet at the same time a little hollow.

3. Great grip- right side hand grip is deep and rubberised for gripping.

4. Thankfully the lens cap has a string attaching it to the shoulder strap- no chance of losing it or wondering where to put the cap when you take it off.

5. Lots of buttons at the back. Going to have to refer to the manual quite a bit.

6. The "chrome" ring on the bottom right feels a bit cheap. Though I guess use of plastic helps reduce the weight.

7. It's amazing how friendly store people can be once you buy something from them. I was dripping sweat- hot day, so they gave me a cup of water :)

8. The screen is beautiful. I can't say it enough. It's very clear and bright, even with screen protector on.

9. The lens has an INCREDIBLE zoom range- 24mm to 720mm (35mm format) and feels very smooth when you manually zoom.

10. Zooming ring has good grip, but the pattern isn't attractive.

11. Shop owner told me the lens is 58mm diameter- that's good because I can use my IR and UV filters.

12. Electronic view finder is ok, but I find for "bridge" cameras they tend to be small in size. Only the dslr's have eyepieces which are a good size which is comfortable for your eye. Ignoring the size, the EVF quality is good, and you may have read about the sensor next to it, which activates the EVF when you bring your eye to it. So the 3 inch LCD screen turns off and the EVF turns on when you bring your eye to the EVF.

What about the photos?

13. Really good. I've taken about 100 photos so far, mostly at night. You have to be quite steady, even with the shake reduction function on (there are 4 options for shake reduction!!!), especially at the maximum zoom. But if you are, then the photo is very very good and sharp. Not quite as sharp as the Pentax k-x, which is known for it's low light performance, but it's pretty damn good. It's certainly good enough for me. Colours seem accurate and bright. Focusing in good light was pretty fast. Focusing in low level light was slower. In poor light it might even hunt for 2-4 seconds and flash a focusing light. It takes about 1 to 3 seconds to save a photo, so it's not high speed unless you use that function.

14. The focusing is active. That is on auto, it will focus on faces, and even if those people are moving around, you can see the focus square remain glued to their face. My friends had to move side to side pretty fast for the HS-10 to lose the lock.

There are so many fancy functions on this camera that I have really only just scratched the surface of what this baby can do. But I'm very glad to say there is substance in the HS-10. If you are in the market for a bridge camera, the HS-10 should definitely be on your shopping list.

More Details...

Share:

by: David Parker
Bose Quietcomfort 15 - Bose Quietcomfort 15 Review! Bose Quietcomfort 15 User Review! Assessments Geyser Review Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Review Create and Maintain a Budget Review Of Ed Hardy Swimwear For Men International Calling Cards- A Money Saving Way For Long Distance Calls Zero Cost Commissions Review Success Breeds Success As You Take Steps To Financial Freedom BCS Predictions: 2010 Clemson Tigers Preview Reviewed - The Fx Friday Trading System Financial Responsibility: The Key To Solving Money Issues Payroll Advance-get Money Before Your Payday
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.20.147) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.013351 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 44 , 7620, 385,
Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 - Fujifilm Finepix Hs10 Review! Seattle