Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Fantasy Book For Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Fantasy Book For Children

A new paperback by Edlesborough fantasy writer Ian ONeill looks set to be a big hit with the teenage book lovers

. The Time Travellers Assistant is Dunstable-born Ians very first published fantasy paperback and he will be signing books at the Leighton Buzzard Library at 10.30am on May 8. Ian, 55, of Wren Walk, said: "Ive lost

count of the number of company meetings Ive been in where I go off into some dream world or work out a storyline for a fresh story." So I thought it was about time I put some of these odd concepts into print.

I spent my youth in the 1960s and was brought up on Doctor Who and yes I did watch the Daleks hiding

behind the settee. But it was unmissable TV and it created a life long love affair with time travel. Ian started writing for a hobby around five years ago. The sales person, who goes to work for a Lincoln-based consumer electronics firm, had always imagined seeing his efforts in print and it was his better half Carole who finally persuaded Ian to self publish his latest story. Ian said: "My wife read the fantasy book and said you have to get this published."

A little bit of money, which was left to Ian after the passing of his Mother, funded the project. And he made use of Authorhouse publishing in Milton Keynes to transform his aspiration into a reality. The Time Travellers Assistant is targeted at the 9-12 age group and centres round the daily life of Jimmy First, a 14-year-old kid, who

has cerebral palsy Life is pretty mean to Jimmy until he befriends Henry Crumble, the proprietor of a watch repair shop. After the meeting, Jimmy discovers that Henry has a hidden secret and the quest to discover what this is results in Jimmy going on the most incredible journey one that takes him into the future towards an interesting appointment with destiny.

Ian stated: "The publication certainly has a feel good aspect to it. The upstart is that the key character Jimmy realises that his cerebral palsy is part of him, not all of him. "He discovers this as his adventure takes him into the future which enables him to look back at his existence."

As a result of his research into penning the paperback he met the supervisor of the cerebral palsy centre in Flitwick, Sally Aspinall. She was full of encouragement for Ian's work and thought it was a fantastic book. The association has now led to Ian promising to donate 50 per cent of the revenue of the sale of each book to the centre.

by: Andrew C Gregory
Reason To Choose Online Tutoring For Child? Make Your Kids Happier With Yo Gabba Gabba Toys Choosing Personalized Gifts For Children Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer By John Grisham Taking Your Kid To The Littlest Pet Shop Searching For A Different Sort Of Pine Bunk For Your Children ? The Challenge Of Raising A Deaf Child Magic Cubes, Children's Wonderful Toy The world of RC toys Kids Fly Free To Fiji* 2010-2011 The Choice Between Childrens Clothing And Baby Accessories Toddler Tantrums, Screaming Children, Angry Tweens - Can We Calm The Crying? A Chiropractor In Kansas City About Treating Children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.42.196) / Processed in 0.012884 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2538, 956,