Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » Exactly why Diversification is so critical for investing
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Exactly why Diversification is so critical for investing

You must never park all your investments in just one stock and no other stock in the market

. An experienced player would always spread out their investments among a mix range of stocks to minimize the risk to their portfolio on a bad day in the stock exchange.

We're talking here not just about investing in the various stocks but also about investing in the different range of the industries. Like say, if commodities are doing well then oil may be on the downslide or vice versa. You must concentrate on investing in the different sectors of industry so that your portfolio remains unaffected due to occasional big hit taken by a specific sector. Usually it has been seen that people with more diversified portfolio see a much balanced and consistent return on the investments they make than the investors who just make investment in one or two stocks. You can diversify even with penny stocks.

You must remember that you don't have to limit your investments in your portfolio to just stocks. You can make investments in property, bank CDs, etc also. The entire idea of diversification is to protect your interests while making profits on the investments.

I will tell you my personal experience, as to how important and beneficial it is to diversify. When I first made investment of about 15K in a very popular and growing stock which was climbing year after year in the value. I was satisfied that my investments were safe and would grow upwards. Wrong!! I lost 9K as I watched sadly the value of my stock plummet to new lows due to a corporate fraud in the company. Learned learned? Diversify!! I learned that lesson of a lifetime with a monetary loss but I believe that you won't have to to diversify your portfolio and minimize risks.

By: Michael Miller
Benefits of investing for newsletters A Criminal Defense Lawyer Minneapolis is what you need if arrested in Minneapolis A Minneapolis Murder Lawyer can help you through the devastating charge against you Minnesota DWI Lawyer - your best ally when you need one badly Compensation Claims - An Accident Lawyers Guide Investing In Omaha Foreclosures With The Help Of Omaha Foreclosure Listings Minneapolis Criminal Defense Lawyer is there when you need them most Profile Of Lawyer Ewan Sherriff Minneapolis Domestic Assault Lawyer - Giving you the help you need for your time in court Why Plan For Retirement? Critical Questions Investors should ask before Investing Advantages of investing in gold bullion coins Why should you hire a Compensation Lawyer?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.61.115) / Processed in 0.010393 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 1895, 176,